JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In an effort to encourage everyone to leave our outdoor shooting areas cleaner than we find them, NWFA is giving any member who submits a photo of at least three full bags of trash a free one year Bronze Supporter membership. If an area is relatively clean you may also collect one or two bags of trash over two or three occasions, post photos of them when you get home, and once you collect your third we'll give you the membership.

Step 1: Take a photo of the trash you've collected with a piece of cardboard or something similar that has your NWFA username written on it.

Step 2: Post the photo in this thread.

Step 3: Send a Private Message to Joe Link.

A big thanks goes out to all of you who do this on a regular basis, keep up the great work!

Last Edited:
going to gibson prairie this weekend for camping and will be hitting a couple other places. if the place is trashed i will clean it and take a picture of what i gathered, even if its not enough to earn the bronze..

awesome idea though :s0155:

Simply awesome idea Joey! Might I suggest that you forward any threads/photos to BLM or appropriate agencies to show what the firearms community is doing to police their own ranks! :s0155:

This is true. More shooters need to be aware of cleanup and just all around common sense at any shooting sight/area. You (hopefully) Dont S#%T where you eat and sleep, So dont turn the range into your own personel dump or trashheap. Soon there will be no public ranges....we would still have Stevenson if it werent for these types of trashers... Z

Thanks for the input guys!

Simply awesome idea Joey! Might I suggest that you forward any threads/photos to BLM or appropriate agencies to show what the firearms community is doing to police their own ranks! :s0155:

Great idea. I just emailed the agencies in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, as well as the BLM.

NO FAIR what about us guys who belong to well manicured gun clubs???

I'm scared to go in the woods with all the crazy washing machine and tv shooters...

Just kidding Joe great idea how it works. I miss Tom McCall

Just to be clear...

If I go shooting out at Memaloose, for example, in that old quarry 7 miles off highway 212, and pick up 3 bags of spent shells and old targets and such, take a photo, post it on this thread, I can get my next membership for free?

Just to be clear...

If I go shooting out at Memaloose, for example, in that old quarry 7 miles off highway 212, and pick up 3 bags of spent shells and old targets and such, take a photo, post it on this thread, I can get my next membership for free?

Exactly!

And guys, please remember to make a sign with your NWFA username and place it in the photo for verification. I don't imagine anyone would be dishonest enough to lie about this, but you never know ;)

Just to be clear...

Last time when I was at the first main pit off memaloose a few weeks ago, it was pretty clean. There was some shells here and there but not like a hugeass bag of skittles. Now the 2nd just down the road from it and set up higher than the first pit is a hell of alot worse off.

I didn't even know you guys had memberships. It is a foreign idea to me on a forum. However, this concept is fantastic! Kudos, Good Sirs! The public areas are disappointingly trashed. Having moved here from the midwest, I really love the natural beauty in this area. It is fairly rare in the USA anymore, and when losers disrespect that, it really disappoints me. I do my best to leave the area better than I found it. Whatever that area may be, or for.

I didn't even know you guys had memberships. It is a foreign idea to me on a forum. However, this concept is fantastic!

Not so much a membership as it is being a financial supporter, helping with the financial expense of keeping the website going. Notice the blue "bronze supporter" moniker under my username, there are silver, gold, and platinum supporter levels as well. You should click on the "donate" link up at the top and check it out!

I didn't even know you guys had memberships. It is a foreign idea to me on a forum. However, this concept is fantastic! Kudos, Good Sirs!

Like Stomper said, it's purely for website maintenance and bandwidth costs. Another benefit of donating, other than keeping our little community up and running, is you get entered in to a drawing every couple months for whatever gets donated, including several pistols recently. As far as keeping the areas clean, this is in our own best interests. ODFW has said they will shut down all shooting areas in the Tillamook State Forest permanently if the trash problem gets out of control again.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top