JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New thread started!

Haven't done this thread in a long time.
Tracy and I went for a drive up the Peak this afternoon hunting and just curious how the quarry and other areas were looking after the clean-up on the 21st. The quarry actually looked really good still. Probably less than a trash bag. Some wierd stuff though. Spaghetti, a glass and a 1/2 a 2 liter of Coke. 2 Costco food bowls.
Down the 3000 line. First spot on the left I grabbed the shot up computer. Left the rest. No gloves and too many berry vines. The next spot on the left up the hill about a 1/2 bag of trash. Left at the Y and down the road where the sqatters are occasionally. Picked up a big pile of wet magazines and stuff. The other side of the camp I left. Too gross for no gloves. About a small truck load of stuff. The big spot where we normally shoot had a lot of stuff. Ended up with 3 big bags of Trash and no deer.
Thanks
Craig

View attachment 623060View attachment 623061View attachment 623062View attachment 623063View attachment 623064View attachment 623065

Thank you, enjoy your Bronze! :)

I just went through this thread and awarded everyone who's participated the Three Bags of Trash badge, 76 members!

Thanks again for your hard work! :)

Back in the saddle again, took my grandson out shooting lasr Saturday for a couple of hours. Didn't pick any trash up forgot my buckets and trash bags.
We went to another pit this morning that is kind of out or the way. We left at 8am this morning and jusy got home at 1:30. We meet RugerFan at the Shell gas station at Sweede Haven Road and he followed us out to the pit.
I picked up 99% of the shotgun hulls, a couple of five gallon buckets and a big black construcyion bag of garbage.

There was only two 9mm pieces of brass that I seen.

Next weekend I will hit the Darrington Pit and do a good clean up while Mason shoots.

20200321_121144.jpg

20200321_112350.jpg

We went back out to Darrington for a couple of hours on April 4th. Didn't take my phone so no pics. I picked up a couple of buckets of shotgun hulls in the lower pit while my grandson did some shooting.

On the 11th we went back to the Darrington pit for the day. We left the house at 8am and got home at 6:30pm. Two friends followed us up and Ed, EPS came up around 10 o clock with Mel. Mel's daughter and grand daughter came up as well.

It started out with rain but cleared up and turned out nice. Every one went through a bunch of ammo and had a great time.
I picked up three 5 gallon buckets and three 3 gallon buckets of shotgun hulls. The top pit is all most void of shotgun hulls.
Next trip will be spent in the lower pit cleaning that one up.

20200411_135906.jpg

20200411_123119.jpg

Here are a couple of buckets of shotgun hulls, my batterey died right afyer this picture.
I will take a picture of the rest of the buckets when I put them in the dumpster.

20200411_123131.jpg

Looking forward to next weekent.

We went back out to Darrington for a couple of hours on April 4th. Didn't take my phone so no pics. I picked up a couple of buckets of shotgun hulls in the lower pit while my grandson did some shooting.

On the 11th we went back to the Darrington pit for the day. We left the house at 8am and got home at 6:30pm. Two friends followed us up and Ed, EPS came up around 10 o clock with Mel. Mel's daughter and grand daughter came up as well.

It started out with rain but cleared up and turned out nice. Every one went through a bunch of ammo and had a great time.
I picked up three 5 gallon buckets and three 3 gallon buckets of shotgun hulls. The top pit is all most void of shotgun hulls.
Next trip will be spent in the lower pit cleaning that one up.

View attachment 684169

View attachment 684170

Here are a couple of buckets of shotgun hulls, my batterey died right afyer this picture.
I will take a picture of the rest of the buckets when I put them in the dumpster.

View attachment 684171

Looking forward to next weekent.
I think you did more cleaning that shooting that day :D I'd like to pack out that bigger crap down at the lower pit. Even if it's a little at a time. @EPS ?

It could be done in a couple of trips. On one day take the metal stuff and drop it off in the metal recycle roll off at the transfer station on the way home.
All the stuff that will burn could be piled up and torch it off. I could bring the chainsaw and cut some wood to get a hot fire going to help the stuff dissapear faster.
Then on a couple of other trips take out regular garbage to drop off on the way home.

It's a never ending job, picking up gargage.
But if you don't do it, it won't get done.
I will stop by Les Schwab and see if they will take any tires that are up there.

I enjoy taking Mason out shooting and spending the time outdoors.
Then I get the added benifit to spend time up in the reloading room durring the week.
It's all connected.

Ed i thought I had a set of 45/70 dies upstairs, I have two sets of 444 Marlin dies.
I will pick up a set this weekend and get them cases loaded up for you.
Do you want them loaded up on the low side?
Mid range?
Or high end?

It could be done in a couple of trips. On one day take the metal stuff and drop it off in the metal recycle roll off at the transfer station on the way home.
All the stuff that will burn could be piled up and torch it off. I could bring the chainsaw and cut some wood to get a hot fire going to help the stuff dissapear faster.
Then on a couple of other trips take out regular garbage to drop off on the way home.

It's a never ending job, picking up gargage.
But if you don't do it, it won't get done.
I will stop by Les Schwab and see if they will take any tires that are up there.

I enjoy taking Mason out shooting and spending the time outdoors.
Then I get the added benifit to spend time up in the reloading room durring the week.
It's all connected.

Ed i thought I had a set of 45/70 dies upstairs, I have two sets of 444 Marlin dies.
I will pick up a set this weekend and get them cases loaded up for you.
Do you want them loaded up on the low side?
Mid range?
Or high end?
We will give the mid range a try
Let me know how much money you need I will bring it next Wednesday.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top