JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We got out to shoot late last evening, mason shot some 38spl and some 22lr.
The put didn't look that bad. We did a dove release up in Darrington last night at 7pm and we went shooting afterwards so it didn't give up much time at the pit. But a little time is better then no time.
20190809_203359.jpg

I did have enough time to pick up a five gallon bucket of steel rifle & pistol cases. Next time out I will pick up a bunch more.

20190809_205439.jpg

20190809_205756.jpg

Took another friend to the Arrowhead Rock Pit this morning. No one else showed up until noon (and he only stayed for 45 minutes.

The pit has stayed pretty clean since I was there last time (a month or so ago). Only brought one bag of garbage out.

There are, however, four white bags next to the rocks at the road edge still left there for the Latch Mountain Crew to pick up. Who would be a good contact to talk to about making that happen?

By the way, we had a great time shooting some steel targets, which neither of us had done before. Smiles all round until the rain started at 1pm. :D:D:D

There are, however, four white bags next to the rocks at the road edge still left there for the Latch Mountain Crew to pick up. Who would be a good contact to talk to about making that happen?
Our new contact is Chase Sayer. (Steve Rhodes retired).
email: [email protected]

Let him know you got his contact info from Bill at Trash No Land and you're on the NWFA forum. It's good that they hear from someone other than me. Also good to let them know about the groups who are communicating about responsible shooting.
Thanks!
Bill

Haven't done this thread in a long time.
Tracy and I went for a drive up the Peak this afternoon hunting and just curious how the quarry and other areas were looking after the clean-up on the 21st. The quarry actually looked really good still. Probably less than a trash bag. Some wierd stuff though. Spaghetti, a glass and a 1/2 a 2 liter of Coke. 2 Costco food bowls.
Down the 3000 line. First spot on the left I grabbed the shot up computer. Left the rest. No gloves and too many berry vines. The next spot on the left up the hill about a 1/2 bag of trash. Left at the Y and down the road where the sqatters are occasionally. Picked up a big pile of wet magazines and stuff. The other side of the camp I left. Too gross for no gloves. About a small truck load of stuff. The big spot where we normally shoot had a lot of stuff. Ended up with 3 big bags of Trash and no deer.
Thanks
Craig

IMG_19121.jpg IMG_19141.jpg IMG_19151.jpg IMG_19161.jpg IMG_19181.jpg 20191007_171417.jpg

People that leave their trash on public land wouldn't dare allow someone to come into their home and dump a full can on trash in their living room. Sadly they fail to see the equivalence.

That is amazing. That took some effort to get that up there. Where is it? Hopefully the authorities can get it out of there before it becomes a real hazard.

It was up past the Wolf Creek shooting lanes. Not too far off the main road. It was my first time there. My buddy I was with said he was going to call it in, since he had GPS location.

Unfortunately could not haul this guy out. :(

View attachment 623113 View attachment 623114
Totally incredible to see something like that in the woods. It brings tears to my eyes to think of it. This hopefully was not shooters. What makes me angry is to see shooting materials left in the woods like shotgun shells and pallets used for target stands and ammo boxes thrown down anywhere. Those are our fellow shooters making us look bad. I hope as a whole we're better than that and that it's the 10% that are trashing the woods and not the majority.

And what really makes my blood boil is to see people bring computer monitors, refrigerators, and TVs brought out to shoot at and then left behind like their Mom follows them around and still picks up after them. It's immature and disrespectful to those that recreate in the Forest and DNR lands and take our own trash back home to dispose of properly. If there was a way to do it, they should lose their rights to go out to the woods. Instead, we all may lose our rights to access because it costs a lot to dispose of their "crap".

It is getting the point where if I see a free TV along side the road I will stop and pick it up and take it to the recycling center just so it doesnt get shot up out in the forest.
That motor home looks like whats left of the one that was down the side road with the interesting people living in it when we did the first clean-up of Wolf Creek this spring. Back then it was one piece and had some freezers around it.

It is getting the point where if I see a free TV along side the road I will stop and pick it up and take it to the recycling center just so it doesnt get shot up out in the forest.
That motor home looks like whats left of the one that was down the side road with the interesting people living in it when we did the first clean-up of Wolf Creek this spring. Back then it was one piece and had some freezers around it.
It was down the side road at Wolf Creek. I thought maybe people had been sleeping there since there was a mattress there. I didn't see any freezers.

If you can find the location on google maps, copy it and send it to me (PM is fine or post here). I'll forward it to ODF. They will need to send a tow trailer big enough to haul it out so, it would be good to give an idea of the road condition to get to it with a big truck. What's the length of that thing? 25 - 30 foot?

We should have a couple people there to help clean up the debris around it as they tow it off, or clean up first and load it into the shell.

Pictures and a report is a must! I'm going to post it to social media about how members of NorthwestFirearms and Trash No Land joined ODF in removing it. The idea is to show how gun owners value our public lands just as much as anyone else! Something positive in a gun-negative world!

Thanks! Send me the map coordinance! I'll send it tonight.

If you can find the location on google maps, copy it and send it to me (PM is fine or post here). I'll forward it to ODF. They will need to send a tow trailer big enough to haul it out so, it would be good to give an idea of the road condition to get to it with a big truck. What's the length of that thing? 25 - 30 foot?

We should have a couple people there to help clean up the debris around it as they tow it off, or clean up first and load it into the shell.

Pictures and a report is a must! I'm going to post it to social media about how members of NorthwestFirearms and Trash No Land joined ODF in removing it. The idea is to show how gun owners value our public lands just as much as anyone else! Something positive in a gun-negative world!

Thanks! Send me the map coordinance! I'll send it tonight.
Hi Cogs,

I looked on Google maps but it didn't show much detail. I'll try and see if I can get a better image off Google Earth or something. I believe my buddy has the GPS location but he hasn't got back to me. As soon as I get more info I'll get it to you.

Hi Cogs,

I looked on Google maps but it didn't show much detail. I'll try and see if I can get a better image off Google Earth or something. I believe my buddy has the GPS location but he hasn't got back to me. As soon as I get more info I'll get it to you.
Thanks. I sent an email to Randy at ODF Forest Grove office and let him know I hope to send the co-ordinance soon. I also sent him those pics. Once they can locate it, I'll work a schedule with him on when they will be getting it so we can go before or during. Would be cool to be there when they load, for pics and details. I'll try to get removal costs from Randy.

I think it's best to start a new thread about this and not bomb this 3 bags full thread so much. Maybe the new thread should be something about any odd thing found in the forest. It should be in the Outdoor section.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top