JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like the title says, I'm on the hunt for a 3 or 3" 22 mag revolver. I'm not sure if S&W ever produced a kit gun sized mag.. but that would be perfect. Did Smith ever make one??

The gun will be for my better half. She shoots my mdl 43 (airweight kit gun) fine, but the noise and buck of the larger calibers intimidate her a bit. I thought a 22 mag would be a perfect first pistol for her.

While I know Charter and Taurus make what I'm looking for, I am uncertain of the quality..

Double action, WITH a hammer, (no Ruger LCR). The Smith 351PD is an option, but the 1.78" barrel negates some of the output if the round.

Ideas?

S&W model 651. Not currently produced---but they made them as late as 1998, so there should
be a few around.

About your only other choice in a 4" 22 Mag Smith is a model 48 (old or new), but it's a K frame.

High Standard Sentinel MK IV
A friend has one, and it is very well made and accurate. 9 shot 4" barrel. All steel and comfortable to shoot. They come in 2 3/4" also.
Seen them come up for sale around $350.00 for minty ones, $200.00 for ones in good condition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top