JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone hunted this before? I never have but want to try something different this year and I like the dates of this hunt. I am going to do some scouting later this month before the season opens up but was wondering which units I should concentrate on and which ones I should stay away from? Obviously melrose is one of them because of the limited public lands.

Also, not asking for your secret honey hole but any tips as to a general area to scout would be helpful as I'v enever hunted that part of the state before.

people can be pretty tight lipped about where to hunt anything, especially elk. you get answers like up on secret creek, or notellum butte. i am among those people.

people can be pretty tight lipped about where to hunt anything, especially elk. you get answers like up on secret creek, or notellum butte. i am among those people.

Yeah I know. Believe me I understand too, but was just hoping someone would be willing to give at least a general area in a unit for a guy that had not hunted that area before. Oh well.

You can look up the ODFW success reports for the previous few years and see where the likelihood has historically been best. That's what I would do without any more specific info. You'll probably find that the Wilson has pretty decent odds.

i seem to see the most elk in the wilson unit but that could be because i spend alot more time there than any other unit.

Please pay attention to the regs for the 2ND season applying to the Trask/Wilson unit. The 2ND season is a spike only hunt, and there's been many hunters that cross the boundary and end up loosing their Elk, license and eat a big fine instead of the Elk for not reading the regs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top