1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

2nd Amendment Symposium

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RicInOR, Feb 20, 2014.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Instapundit » Blog Archive » NEXT WEEK IN KNOXVILLE, a Tennesssee Law Review symposium on the Second Amendment, a sort of followu?
    It’s at the UT College of Law next Saturday, March 1, beginning at 9 a.m. Admission is free.

"In the wake of the Supreme Court’s recognition of personal Second Amendment rights in Heller and McDonald, as well as the recent national debates over gun control, questions have arisen as to exactly what rights the Second Amendment protects and what rights it ought to protect."
  2. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

NFA is clearly an infringement of the right to keep and bear arms. Moreover, the 'sporting purposes's clause in the GCA '68 also clearly infringes upon that right as well. Any and all bans on bearing arms are infringements. Until these basic truths are recognized, the Supreme court may continue to strike down laws but things will not change (see D.C. and it's tyrannical gun laws and continued restrictions)
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I want my, I want my NFA! (To the tune of Dire Straights- Money For Nothin')