1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

2nd amendment rights revoked for DV; how risky is shooting?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by erikm, Jun 12, 2010.

1. erikm

erikm Seattle New Member

Is it risky to go to gun range where they ask for ID? Or more to the point, is there any kind of automated cross-referencing of gun-range logs with the database of people banned from possessing firearms? I'm guessing not since, as I recall, it's all paper-based. Ever hear about anybody being busted for going to a range though?

If shooting outdoors in an otherwise legal setting, can or do cops often demand to see ID? I'm not talking about hunting, just target practice. This would probably be in the Snoqualmie area, so I would definitely need to make sure I stay out of the forbidden areas if I don't want to have to produce ID. Would there still be much of a risk though?
  2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

What you're asking for is advice about an illegal activity, this is prohibited, so I'm shutting down this thread.

If you actually do have a DV conviction, and you had your 2nd amendment rights taken away, I would seriously reconsider even thinking about possessing a firearm, because you could be facing serious jail time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.