JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Although I'm an Oregon resident, there is a 99.9% chance that I will be a Washington resident within 90 days. I like the idea of change from within. That means joining the organizations, and getting involved. It might be worthwhile to look at their charter before joining so that you can tell whether or not new members can have any "clout" to change the charter's direction.

Regarding open carry at these events: From everything I've heard, it's not a problem in Olympia.

In Clark County however, we have a problem with the county and several cities ignoring the law: Vancouver PD seems especially ignorant, and arrogant about it. We also seem to have way to many citizens (including long-time residents) who don't know that Open Carry is legal. Education is the key for the citizenry, and lawsuits against the county and cities who ignore statute and legal decisions.

Correct Vancouver is a OC trouble spot but for the other major cities, it's not an issue. I tried to get a OC meet going in Vancouver but was told my the current Defendant's lawyer to stay out of Vancouver. They did not want any of the OC folks showing up at at the court house or planning any kind of an event.

However if any of you other fine folks would like to have a few folks down from the North please let us know and we would be glad to come. You you want to meet me in person at the 2A Rally on the 24th, I'll be one of the guys running the OC booth.

Tattoo,

Listing the where in addition to the when might get more attendance.

See page 2 Post 19.... but I'll save you the trouble and repost the info:

OC & CC is allowed on the Capitol Grounds as well as in the Capitol Building.

If you would like to donate to the Washington State Second Amendment March, The fine folks at GunPal set up an account: <broken link removed>

For Further Information Contact:

David Del Buono
Washington State Coordinator
Second Amendment March
[email protected]

Jim Beal
Assistant Washington State Coordinator
Second Amendment March
[email protected]
[email protected]

Liz Foley
National Media Director
832-877-5263
[email protected]

SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH
Washington State

The Second Amendment March has announced a Washington state rally in conjunction with the national event in Washington D.C.

The Washington state march will be held Saturday, April 24 at 12pm at the Capitol in Olympia. Participants will assemble at Tivoli Fountain. For further updated information and a map of the location visit <broken link removed> .

The Second Amendment March is a national event supported by satellite marches at state capitols and in cities across America. The national Second Amendment March will take place Monday, April 19, 2010 from 10am – 4pm on the grounds of the Washington Monument in Washington D.C.

Our nation’s founders were deliberate and vigilant when drafting the Second Amendment to provide “we the people” the protections needed to defend our country, freedom, liberty and way of life. They understood far too well the danger of a disarmed population under a tyrannical government. Thomas Jefferson said it best, “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”

To take part in this landmark rally in support of your right to keep and bear arms and to protect and defend our Second Amendment visit http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com to R.S.V.P., volunteer or make a contribution. Or just show up! We need everyone.

Questions or to set up an interview: Contact Liz Foley, National Media Director at [email protected].

About Second Amendment March:

The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of Americans; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense.

Information about Second Amendment March is available at: http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com

If you would like to donate to the Washington State Second Amendment March, GunPal set up an account: <broken link removed>

The Open carry table will be at the three O'clock position from the podium.

Dang it, I missed this one! We need to make an action alert system via PM and or e-mail.. who wants to organize this so we have much bigger turnouts? I could have brought at least two other gunners with me if I knew of this event!

My wife and I were there on the 24th - rainy & windy. (One of the comments heard was "No Sunshine Patriots Here!".)

Not a huge turnout, what with the weather and short notice, but a very good beginning, and the speakers were AWESOME.

Is anyone up for an event in Clark County, say the end of June? I'm getting ready to return to Afghanistan (leave the end of July), so don't want to assume a "leadership" role (maybe next year, after I return home). I will help put out the word & assist as I can, though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top