JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is ANYONE in Washington or Oregon hosting an event to coincide with the national Second Amendment March?

Apparently, the original Washington State Coordinator has dropped out, and 2AM organizers are seeking someone to pick up the reins.

I am unable to do so myself, so I ask the question to all of you.

Again: In Washington and Oregon, are there any 2nd Amendment events scheduled to coincide with the national event on April 19?

Thanks, and Keep Up the Fire!

Mike

Sadly yes, it doesn't count.

We've been too quiet for too long about the erosions of 2A and Art I, Sec 24.

Now that the Obama Administration has Health Care done (maybe), they claim that they will emphasize Immigration Reform (more votes for reelection, they think).

But Holder has gun control ALWAYS on the back burner, and Clinton/Napoltano/etc are currently in Mexico to "help" them with their Drug War. Watch for more statements soon calling for another "Assault Weapons" ban because "ALL of the guns in Cartel hands were bought at gun shows in the US".

Sitting quietly and hoping it will all go away is a recipe for everything worthwhile actually going away.

Demoncats at the Federal level have already made one kamikaze run on socialized medicine

They have nothing more to lose now, as their goose is cooked. Watch out, incoming!

Would it be possible for us to simply tell people to show up downtown Portland at Portland's living room on April 19th...peacefully, all wearing something that links us together? For example a particularly colored shirt? That way the press will know that everyone wearing that color shirt is connected with the event....

We could organize it loosely ourselves through postings on Northwest firearms, AR15.com, and other web boards. It isn't as if we are powerless to put out the word that we should all gather at Portland's living room at Noon on 19 April.

What say you all?

The idea is to show up at state capitols. If there's an event here in WA I will attend and can bring my posse. Black shirts and patriot head wear (I have a tri corn hat) would be appropriate

So then I presume state capitols are the center of attention rather than using population centers where we might be more likely to have greater attendance.

Was the state capitol the idea of a central committee for the second ammendment movement? If so, then I support them.

However, if we are looking for greater turnout, it might make more sense to have people show up at places where the population centers are. Especially in states where population centers are a long distance from the state capitols like California, New York, Oregon and so on.

Many people can't/won't travel far to attend, but would be willing to attend a local function. Perhaps making more events in more cities available would make for a greater number of people attending. I would rather have 500 people show up in various events state wide, rather than having only 75 at the state capitols..but that is just me.

I want to support the efforts of any organizing body. But if Oregon has had the organizer, or organization drop out, having a large "spontaneous" turnout in Portland might not be such a bad idea. The people in Salem could go to the capitol, Eugene could have people, Portland, and so on.

Because of the problems with travel, I think there might be many people who would not travel an hour or more to attend...but if they only have a 20 or 30 minute drive, we might get lots more attendance.

The Founders (including my ancestors) gave their lives and often all they owned to win liberty for us, and some people won't drive one hour to a peaceful rally

Truly sad what many Americans have become..

You got that right. It is hard to motivate people to get off their collective asses..at the last tea party "protest" I attended last saturday there were about 279 people in portland.

I just sent an email to the second ammendment foundation in Washington asking if anything was scheduled in Oregon or Washington. Hopefully, they will let us know. I asked them to either enter the info on this thread, and told them where the thread was, or I offered to enter the information they provide me.

Hopefully we will get some information.

I'm sort of disappointed in the second amendment foundation. I sent them an email asking for information, and didn't even get so much as a "go away" response. You can imagine how eager to help them out I am now...

But, participating in an event would override any heartburn I have toward the second amendment foundation. The problem is that I don't know where, or even IF an event is taking place. That makes it kinda hard to participate.

I don't think there are any marches or gatherings. Unless someone hears differently, or says when/where to meet, there is no real reason to continue this thread.

With that in mind, why not meet in Portland's living room downtown at noon on the 19th?
If the anarchists can set up meetings through the internet, why can't we?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top