JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Let's keep the discourse to the subject and not to a political party bashing thread, please. There remain good folks on both sides still fighting for the 2A, so when you group all together into one monolith you're ceasing the dialogue many of you seek.

Exactly like the rioters. Nobody is going to stop them. No reasoning with them, no help from the institutions and authorities whose job is to go after them. They are bound and determined to drive the bus right off the cliff and blame you while they're doing it.
"Baby, why do you keep making me hit you?"

I have zero doubt Trump's antics are worse than McConnell's are. Not even close.
Regarding differences between the GOP and DNC, I suppose that depends on what perspective you're viewing from. They look quite different from where I and most of the planet stand.

That's subjective. Think Mitt Romney or any other Republican would get this kind of support? Think about that. They marched Mitt out there against O'Bama. Before Trump, the Republican party was dead in the water. Its quite possible, depending on how the near future goes, the Republicans that show their colors now that Trump is leaving, will suffer consequences at the polls. The party itself is still dead in the water without him.

That is an interesting proposition.

The exact same thing was said under the obummer administration. Yet here we are after 8 years of his occupation in the oval office and another 4 of trump. Record sales of firearms and related materials in the last 12 months.

While i dont doubt there is and will be attempts to erode and potentially completely destroy the 1st + 2nd Amendments.
I am reluctant to shout fire from the roof tops.

Can you provide proof of your statement?

Under the trump administration we certainly lost pieces of equipment. I also recall statements that a national reciprocity act would be made law under his leadership.
What happened to the national hearing act that was touted by trump that would become law?
We also just watched him sit back and let the ATF attempt to make another piece of equipment a NFA item. I didnt hear or see anything from him in response to that issue(granted i wasnt watching closely).

I have no interest in arguing so much as lets present the actual facts and actions that support the statement you made. I want to be able to make educated + informed statements to friends and family.
It's hard to drain the swamp when you're up to your bubblegum in alligators. They made sure he didn't have any spare time to do anything but defend himself.

Here's a list of Democrat presidents over the last 100 years. Besides this election, which other ones were "stolen" in your esteemed opinion?

So did you join this forum for firearms or was it something else ?
Everyone of your posts is political trying to stir the pot.

Asking for a friend ...

So did you join this forum for firearms or was it something else ?
Everyone of your posts is political trying to stir the pot.

Asking for a friend ...
I was starting to wonder if he was doing a Tim Pool "I'm really a centrist but" routine but I never did check out his post history. Thanks for bringing this up. Somewhere there may be a bridge with nobody under it.

Here's a list of Democrat presidents over the last 100 years. Besides this election, which other ones were "stolen" in your esteemed opinion?
Your views seem to be very unpopular on this site. You may be happier on a far left site just saying

comply.jpg

Wilson benefited from the support of Tammany Hall and lots of $$$ from New York bankers, esp. Jacob Schiff. Did he steal the election? Hard to know.

Truman's political ascendancy was facilitated by the Pendergast "machine" cum crime syndicate based in Kansas City. I don't know what role they and their associates played in his selection as FDR's VP and the 1948 election but he would never have made it to the US Senate without the support of Tom Pendergast.

Kennedy's election in 1960 is and was believed by some to have been facilitated by election fraud in Illinois and, possibly, Texas from whence hailed his running mate, LBJ. LBJ was implicated in election fraud early in his political career.

Data shown in Figure 3 in Fackler and Lin's 1995 article "Political Corruption and Presidential Elections, 1929–1992" (PDF) in the Journal of Politics suggests that the 1960 and 1992 Democratic presidential wins may have been "stolen".

One thing is for sure, it's a lot easier to cover-up an attempt to steal an election if your attempt is successful and the media is mostly with you.

19 Jan 2020 edit: I don't think Fackler and Lin's model adequately adjusted for the Perot campaign in 1992 and so the evidence of problems with that election from their data is dubious, at best.

Last Edited:

At least we still have Gun Owners Of America. This preemptive move by NRA protects the organization from a lot of legal trouble that's currently brewing in D.C. If NRA is dissolved, rebranded, struggles with support, or whatever, another organization will take the lead. Folks from NRA will just migrate to the new organization. As long as we value our right to defend ourselves, NRA (or replacement) won't go away.

At least we still have Gun Owners Of America. This preemptive move by NRA protects the organization from a lot of legal trouble that's currently brewing in D.C. If NRA is dissolved, rebranded, struggles with support, or whatever, another organization will take the lead. Folks from NRA will just migrate to the new organization. As long as we value our right to defend ourselves, NRA (or replacement) won't go away.

It's not just DC, it's also New York... just about anything and anyone pro-gun is being targeted right now. It's gonna be a rocky ride!

Hopefully we can ride it out for a few years and resist the authoritarian insanity coming.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads