JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sick part is Burdick or someone will fix it so he won't do time.
That is their game...................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pro gun folks need to start putting the pressure on for a prosecution.
First what jail and jurisdiction will the charges be in. Have checked the Jails in about 5 counties now and can find no record of him being booked anywhere ???????????????????

The reason you can't find a booking record is because Burdick and Blumenauer have already made a few calls and had this taken care of. After the assault, Fitzgerald, Burdick and Blumenauer probably met up at her house to view/erase the film on the stolen cameras and to plan the lies and a smear campaign against Saunderson.

Ray

Wonder if the guy is going to try a stand your ground defense. I can see Burdick providing advice along the lines of being afraid for his life thinking there was a gun.

If he was carrying concealed, how would this guy know he had a gun? Or is he just assuming? Did he actually see a gun? Was there a threat? Seems like there were a number of witnesses, so I would hope that means it can't go away as easily as folks like Burdick might wish. I'm hoping too that he'll be sued as well, which should keep this in the public eye for a while.

If he was carrying concealed, how would this guy know he had a gun? Or is he just assuming? Did he actually see a gun? Was there a threat? Seems like there were a number of witnesses, so I would hope that means it can't go away as easily as folks like Burdick might wish. I'm hoping too that he'll be sued as well, which should keep this in the public eye for a while.
The "afraid for my life" defense would seem appropriate coming from the anti-2A crowd. After all, according to them, thinking of guns makes them afraid.

No, but if it was a business district it could easily have been caught. You would be surprised how many cameras are out there till you start to look for them.

Eagle

According to the reports, it took place at Shari's in Gresham. Supposedly someone caught the actual assault on a cell phone camera.

Looking at the booking records, and nothing showing. What jail was he booked into. Has to be Multnomah County. Can't find a booking record.???

He wasn't arrested - just cited and released. My opinion is that he had help from somebody since if you or I broke somebody's arm, st9ole their equipment, and then fled the scene we would certainly have been locked up - I mean assault and robbery - that's a slam dunk arrest.

Then there's always the possibility of some street justice.

The difference between us and them is that we believe in the process and follow the rules. If we stop doing that everything that's still great about our society goes up in smoke. The means are more important than the ends and not the other way around - that's what that Constitution thingee in the Library of Congress is all about.

If something were to happen to this dirtbag with or without the involvement of a gun owner it would be used as the excuse to pass as much anti-gun legislation as possible. The system will grind this guy to a pulp anyway, and even if nothing else happens, Laughing pretty much owns Fitzgerald's income for the rest of his life. Shari's did have a security tape of the incident. His lies and actions are all on film.

The difference between us and them is that we believe in the process and follow the rules. If we stop doing that everything that's still great about our society goes up in smoke. The means are more important than the ends and not the other way around - that's what that Constitution thingee in the Library of Congress is all about.

If something were to happen to this dirtbag with or without the involvement of a gun owner it would be used as the excuse to pass as much anti-gun legislation as possible. The system will grind this guy to a pulp anyway, and even if nothing else happens, Laughing pretty much owns Fitzgerald's income for the rest of his life. Shari's did have a security tape of the incident. His lies and actions are all on film.

+1 Agreed, we need to work this through the system. But we need to dog this and make sure it doesn't get swept under the rug. If anyone can get a hold of that footage, we need to push the local media - print and television, to cover this story, even though it would kill them to do it.

I'm still waiting to hear about this guy that supposedly has cell phone footage of the actual attack. That would be pretty darn incriminating there.

Won't make the press - remember how helpful they were to the passage of I594 in Washington? It would go against the agenda, and the press hasn't been about the truth for decades. Had this happened the other way around it would be playing non-stop.

Also looking forward to seeing the videos.

Won't make the press - remember how helpful they were to the passage of I594 in Washington? It would go against the agenda, and the press hasn't been about the truth for decades. Had this happened the other way around it would be playing non-stop.

Also looking forward to seeing the videos.

Generally, I would agree with that, but look how they became all vicious on the Kitzhaber story, even after they endorsed that bonehead. Once they know they'll get more views or readers, they can (and have) put their personal opinions and bias behind them. What they always need more than their principals are viewers/readers. It's all about money. If they believe this would get a lot of attention for their station/paper/site, believe me, they would run it.

Generally, I would agree with that, but look how they became all vicious on the Kitzhaber story, even after they endorsed that bonehead. Once they know they'll get more views or readers, they can (and have) put their personal opinions and bias behind them. What they always need more than their principals are viewers/readers. It's all about money. If they believe this would get a lot of attention for their station/paper/site, believe me, they would run it.
They like anything they can turn into sensationalism.

They like anything they can turn into sensationalism.

Not only that, but look at how quickly all Kitzhaber's political "allies" turned their backs on him - a point he was careful to make in his pre-downfall diatribe. Even folks like Burdick and Bloomy may turn their backs on this guy if they think he is political poison. They may be willing to offer him as a sacrifice to protect themselves from any prior knowledge of his intentions. If they continue to protect him, that may be an indication that they have a stake in what he's doing.

The did what they needed to do to keep the Governorship in the hands of the Democrat party. They suppressed the damning evidence during the election knowing full well they couldn't keep doing it for long. The moment that Kitzhaber was sworn in (completing the election cycle) they turned on him. The plan was Brown all along, and Kitzhaber was certainly aware of it. He almost changed his mind at the last minute - remember when Brown was dramatically recalled back to Oregon from a business trip and how much the press played it up, and how everyone was confused when Kitzhaber changed the expected direction?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top