JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would seem to me that everything would be better w/ 4" except concealment and even that would be marginal as the barrel seems to be the easiest part to hide unless it is for pocket carry.
The only thing "better" about 2" would be if you were looking for less velocity or delivered energy in which case why would OP be shooting stingers instead of standard or high velocity ammo?

I have asked about this before and was told the the powders used today burn fast enough that the longer barrel doesn't make the bullet go any faster.
???

I like the longer barrels in the 22's just for the weight,as to keep the recoil down for accuracy.
And site radius

I have asked about this before and was told the the powders used today burn fast enough that the longer barrel doesn't make the bullet go any faster.
??
?

You were told wrong. Optimum barrel length for a .22lr is approximately 16 inches.

I like the longer barrels in the 22's just for the weight,as to keep the recoil down for accuracy.
And site radius

What recoil, it's a .22? The longer sight radius is the big plus.

Madcratebuilder is correct, 16" (ish) is the optimum length of a barrel for a .22lr (as far as velocity is concerned)

Thanks for that,and Madcratebuilder

There is still some recoil on a 22,and I don't like to waste targets,so I want to only make one hole:D

Maybe the powder thing was for larger calibers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top