JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did, it was a lot of fun. Was a bit nervous as i am new to PCC shooting, and not a rifle shooter in general, but the RSOs were a great help.
My first stage I had to restart three times because the double swinger kept not functioning properly, so I got a good education in the protocol for bagging, handling the PCC, etc etc. My red dot was almost dead so it really slowed me down, which for my first match and inexperience with a PCC was probably a good thing!

There were four stages, one pistol only, one PCC only, and two mixed stages. Match went smoothly and people were great. Nice weather too! A few bugs to iron out, mostly people were supposed to be using IDPA rules regarding shooting in tactical priority which most people were not and ROs were not catching it. But that will get sorted out, this was the first match so a few hiccups expected.

Highly recommend going, next match is in May (only every other month as of yet, I hope that changes!). 36 shooters turned out for the match, respectable for a first match. I think it will grow quickly as word spreads.

Cool, thanks. I was very excited to read the announcement, but I was traveling on Sunday and couldn't make it. And I need to sight in my PPC anyway.

Were people shooting pistols with braces as well as carbines for their PPCs? I heard my Extar EP-9 would be ok to use as the "PPC" even though strictly it's not a PPC?

Also, were the stages where both guns are used handgun first, or was it mix? Did you transition like they do in 3-gun? (I've never shot 3-gun, but I've watched a few stages).

Definitely want to be out there the 2nd Sunday in May!

Cool, thanks. I was very excited to read the announcement, but I was traveling on Sunday and couldn't make it. And I need to sight in my PPC anyway.

Were people shooting pistols with braces as well as carbines for their PPCs? I heard my Extar EP-9 would be ok to use as the "PPC" even though strictly it's not a PPC?

Also, were the stages where both guns are used handgun first, or was it mix? Did you transition like they do in 3-gun? (I've never shot 3-gun, but I've watched a few stages).

Definitely want to be out there the 2nd Sunday in May!

Yes, your Extar would be absolutely fine to use in lieu of a PCC.

In the mixed stages, one started with PCC and the other one started with handgun.

Not sure what transitioning in 3-gun is since I don't shoot it. Where we started with the PCC, when done with it you put the safety on and put it on a wood rack. They suggested laying it down flat on the bottom (since we wouldn't be moving in front of it) rather than upright in the rack to keep it from falling over (DQ). On that particular stage your handgun and magazine was staged on a chair next to the rack so you picked that up there. I'm assuming otherwise you would draw from a holster.

The other mixed stage started with you sitting in a pickup truck. Both your handgun and PCC were inside. You started shooting a target while seated in the pickup, got out, stood by the door and engaged three more targets. Put the handgun back into the pickup and got your PCC, moved forward to engage the rest of the targets. So no holster drawing, I'm guessing that just happened as a co-incidence because of the stage designs.

Last Edited:
Palmetto State, which seemed to work just fine....not that I would know the difference between it and something more expensive, lol.

As long as it's reliable, that's all that really matters. AR-9's in general, can be quite finicky with regards to reliability. That's mostly
due to the fact that they are blowback in operation.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I will add real quick that they tend to run best with mil-spec triggers and being tuned correctly (heavier buffer and spring to prevent added wear and tear). Another fairly common issue is firing pin breakage (I've had it happen) so make sure to pick up a few extra and keep them in your range bag! I didn't and mine broke at a SS match a few months ago.

Luckily, my brother was running his AR-9 also and we were able hot swap his bolt back and forth between between his gun and mine. It was kind of a pain "sharing" a bolt as it was somewhat time consuming hsvingto switch back and forth after our completion of each run. It worked though and I was able to finish the match!

Glad to see you stepping out of your comfort zone with pistols and giving the carbine's (.22 and 9mm) a shot! Pun intended. I love shooting mine and have recently converted one of my SS shooting buddy's (he shot RFC-O) over to PCC-O!

Maybe I'll get out of MY comfort zone and try something other than SS and join you in this new discipline sometime. Lol

Plus depending on the stage layout, using a "happy stick" with a +2, gives you nearly double the rounds of a standard 17rd'er before a reload is necessary.
That is a good solution, I wasn't sure if the game had mag cap restrictions or not. I do prefer handling my pcc with 22 rd mags or less due to the "poke out" factor.

That is a good solution, I wasn't sure if the game had mag cap restrictions or not. I do prefer handling my pcc with 22 rd mags or less due to the "poke out" factor.
The rules said no happy sticks to start with for handguns but otherwise didnt mention any other limitations.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top