JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dr. Joyce Lee Malcolm of George Mason University explains the origin of the Second Amendment, why an "Assault Weapon" ban wouldn't pass Constitutional muster and would be ineffective like the last one was, and why gun free zones are bad....all on the PBS News Hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should watch PBS more, they aren't the liberal stomping ground people are led to believe they are.

hahahhahahahahahahaha hohohohohohohoh hehehehehehehe.......whew....that's rich.

Kinda like saying someone wants to pay a grand for a used SR1911.

You should watch PBS more, they aren't the liberal stomping ground people are led to believe they are. Also, that clip never aired, it was a 'go to the web for more' kind of thing. Was only on their website.

Actually for close to a year now I haven't watched ANY live TV. I use a roku device to stream entertainment programs I want to watch when I want to watch them and I read news and opinion from a variety of sources online. Haven't missed live TV at all - except for live football games and I can usually arrange to see them with friends. As for PBS, unless they've changed a whole lot in the last year, I would probably disagree with you about their objectivity. And the fact that this segment was not publicly broadcast but rather shunted to the website, to my mind indicates their desire to diminish its impact on their audience.

It was publicly broadcast and available for everyone to watch, just not in the traditional sense. The discussion didn't really fit with the rest of the show, so it was a side-bar, but they actively pointed to it. How do you think we got to see it?

It was publicly broadcast and available for everyone to watch, just not in the traditional sense. The discussion didn't really fit with the rest of the show, so it was a side-bar, but they actively pointed to it. How do you think we got to see it?

We got to see it, yes because they put it on their website, but mostly because one of our Forum members spotted it and posted it here. Without that catch most of us wouldn't have seen it. What percentage of the PBS audience do you think got to see this clip? I'll guess (and that's all it is) maybe 1 or 2 %. More importantly, how many "in the middle on gun issues" viewers got to hear this professor give clear, concise information on why the proposed "assault weapon" and high capacity magazine related legislation is likely unconstitutional?

How would the main stream media respond if the first amendment was under fire (freedom of the press or freedom of speech) by the currant administration.
Lots of one sided hair pulling, gnashing of teeth or would they give both sides of the issue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top