JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We probably would have heard reports by now if the open carrying folks had injured any one. I am guessing it was just another peaceful display of protesting by concerned citizens. Congrats!
Definitely. Saw a few rifles. Saw a few more pistols. No problems. Lots a cheering!

I am here. Met one Rep"s assistant. Trying to meet the other 2 before I go.

Was a Big peaceful crowd. I felt very safe with about 10 dude with ARs on the edges, plus state police.

Now security is saying building is locked down. I was also ushered out of the gallery by security.

Their are 8. Pro gun people people meeting with my rep right now though, so good reason to be waiting.

Note I am not OCing.

Now security is saying building is locked down. I was also ushered out of the gallery by security.

Their are 8. Pro gun people people meeting with my rep right now though, so good reason to be waiting.

Note I am not OCing.
Sudden lockdown eh? Gov. Northam must have called Gov. Inslee and said "Hey Jay you're making me look bad by not showing any alarm over there, can't you do something?"

I got there at noon, and it was pretty empty:
20200117_120727.jpg

Of course, always late to the party. Walked over, at least the exercise was good.

I was not able to attend as I planned, as stated before, the wife's health was my number one priority today.
A big thank you to all who attended this rally. I do hope that some of you even went in and talk to your elected officials while they were there. That is part of the reason these weekday rallies are scheduled, so attendees could engage them.

I was there. First go to one of these. I was actually suprised there were so few people. Especially with all the chest thumping about "come and take them" I see at Cabelas. Spoke to a WSP officer there and asked if this was small for any kind of rally and he said, "Yes. Unfortunately it would be nice if there were more." There was more open carry than I thought there would be, but I wasn't shocked or anything. Some folks rolling in full kit was a little odd to me, but I guess they felt they needed to make a statement? All in all, I don't think it's going to make a dent. I can't tell if Washington gun owners have given up, or if they've just decided they're going to do what they want to do regardless of the law. Some people in suits wandered out of the doors behind me and looked amused at the whole thing before going back inside. There was a dude with an iphone taking video of everybody who was open carrying a rifle. Not sure who he was. Did anybody who went get approached and asked if they could be filmed? He looked like he was trying to film some people without them knowing. I did get some literature on different candidates for various offices in the upcoming elections. That was cool.

After my stint in WA, listening to tough talk and seeing zero action, I left. How many 'come and take em' folks on this forum didn't bother going to a gun rally where you're able to peaceably try to stop 19 gun control bills? WA gun owners have unfortunately proven time and again no desire to make even tiny sacrifices like - voting, going to rallies, bringing folks to rallies, going door to door, etc. They did little in 2014, little in 2016, nothing in 2018, and now nothing in 2020.

BTW, when I was there I rallied, went door to door, donated money, handed out information, put up signs in many locations including my front yard, etc. So I tried and when nobody else was showing any effort I said to heck with it ...

Ya'll are going to basically lose your rights to own guns and ammunition and mags, and only 400 showed up... unbelievably disappointing.:s0054:

I like how you high tail it to Idaho, and immediately turn around and start calling out Wa gun owners.
Fact: 400 is a pathetic turnout.

Here's me, fighting for WA gun rights. This was when I lived there. I've rallied, donated, attended meetings, wrote letters, went door to door, put up signs in my yard and on public streets, handed out information, shared info, encouraged a lot of people to participate, etc. When few others were standing with me, I decided to move somewhere where people actually put action behind tough talk.

Did you go to the rally today?

Have you read the thread about divisiveness among gun owners? Why are you taking out your anger on me and taking shots at me? Did I take any shots at you personally? No.

[photo deleted due to harassment]

Last Edited:
I like how you high tail it to Idaho, and immediately turn around and start calling out Wa gun owners.

How many times have you gone out of state, say to California or are you going to Virginia to fight their battles for them, I wonder? I'm having this conversation to try to remind people, spread the word, and encourage others. I'm extremely disappointed at the pathetic response to 19 gun control bills, just like I was in the last 8 years of gun control in Washington.

Some more notes as thus was my first time:

Set up appointments ahead of time, and plan to go in with a few people. Even if you have different reps, go to yours, then theirs.

Think about statements you want to make that will resonate with the person you are talking about. I hammered on my wife being able to protect herself and my kid a lot.

Dress well and leave the rifle at home if you are meeting with Reps.

The "security" and the "lockdown" are a joke. Either they are not really worried about us, or they are total bafoons. A 29 something blondy and a 70 year old Mann both unarmed, meekly asking if you have an appointment and scanning you through a door with a HUGE GLASS WINDOW ain't keeping anyone safe. Sure annoyed a lot of people.

Side note, 20 something blondy in the JAC building was bored as heck and pretty flirtatous, kinda looked like a pudgy Jlaw, so if anyone got a date, nice. She actually came and found me downstairs when the representative opened up. If I was single.....

The aid for district 49 said Dan @Sporting Systems made some super good points, almost sounds like you converted him.

Have you read the thread about divisiveness among gun owners? Why are you taking out your anger on me and taking shots at me? Did I take any shots at you personally? No

No, I didn't go today. Mostly because I don't think it's effective. VA is going to have a massive rally, and they still are going to get ramrodded because they think they got elected to do that and they have the numbers. Same in Wa.

I'm not angry. But you repeatedly call out Wa residents in multiple threads when you don't even live here. It gets old.

Idaho will likely have some changes in the future because of the massive population growth in the cities and changing demographics. It just is what it is. I won't call you out for apathy. It's just numbers.

This thread was meant as an awareness to get the word out regarding the rally today, can we keep it just that?

If you want to create your own thread about how pathetic Wa gun owners are, have a nut.

Just a note here. IF anyone thinks moving to another state is going to keep them from anti gun laws coming in the future they're sadly mistaken and only fooling themselves.

These anti gun sunny beaches are not going to give up until they hammer EVERY SINGLE STATE in our country with gun Control laws. Until they control the guns, they can't control the people. Hitler knew this and did it to his own people.

I've watched it for years as have many of you. It started bad when Ronald Reagan's body guard James Brady took the lead bullet as was his job for protecting the President, and then his goofy wife Sarah started the Brady Bill. It's all went downhill ever since just to keep our God Given RIGHTS.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads