Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

270 winchester.

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Frailwords, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Frailwords

Frailwords oregon New Member

Been looking for this ammunition at the right price for a long time. I can't bring myself to pay $1.90 or more a round. Am I just going to have to such it up? Anyone have a place where they but their .270 winchester?

2. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

I reload .308 Win for around .48 cents per round, not factoring the brass. I could do it cheaper but I using Nosler factory 2nds.

3. Zenbiker

Zenbiker USA New Member

If you reload, I and others here can give you some very good loading data...as ammo gets more and more scarce, this will reap you big dividends. Start stocking up on Hodgdon 4831 SC powder and Federal large rifle primers and Sierra/Hornady/Nosler bullets in 110 gr, 130 grain, and 140 grain...if you can find them:(

4. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

I you decide to go the reloading route, I have around 150 once fired 270 Win. cases I would sell.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

My local Walmart has some .270 Win ammo, Federal Deer Thugs, I think, for around $23 a box, and they might even still have some Federal Power Shok for around $20 a box. Cabela's has the Power Shok Federal 130 gr in stock for $21.99 a box, the Federal Fusions are backorderable for $24.99 a box in both the 130 gr and 150 gr. They also list Winchester Power Point 130 gr for $20.99 in stock on line. I think you should be able to find or order some for a more reasonable price than $1.90 per round. Now if we are talking .270WSM, then it is more of a challenge!

6. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I have odds and ends of 270 brass and loaded rounds. you are welcome to whatever I have since I have never owned a 270. I have no idea why I even have the stuff.

IheartGUNS and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Frailwords

Yes please! How much would you like in return? I would love to shot my rnew rifle finally

8. ridnjon

ridnjon vancouver wa Active Member

I also have 4-5 or whatever I can find in 270. You are more than welcome to it. I have never even had a 270 rifle.

9. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

PM your address and I'll send whatever I can find laying around, no charge and no warranty of course

10. Frailwords

Pm sent, xlsbob! I truly appreciate it!

And ridnjon, i would be more than happy to take them from you also. Free or payed for!