JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello
I have another 300 rum just sitting around and was thinking of building it into a 270 Allen Magnum.
I have yet to build a Allen Magnum and have wanted to for a wile .I would like to know if anyone has or have built one? hows the performance ? is it worth doing or not .I use my 300 Rum for elk hunting does what I need at short and long range so looking at turning the other into a nice long range deer gun . Any info on the build would be great and thank you for your time

I guess my issue would be the 270 caliber bullet itself. 7mm is .007 bigger but offers a much wider variety of bullets to play the LR game. 6.5mm would also be a better choice based on high BC bullet availability. The 270 bore doesn't have a lot of options in cartridges and seems to lack bullet variety.

As far as the case, is it just an improved/blown out RUM case? 24hourcampfire.com has a high traffic forum for custom rifles and wildcats with some really experienced shooters and builders. I'd post the question there, be ready for blowhards. Definitely a forum to wear your bigboy pants.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top