JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
BTW - this is still on sale
Appears to be, yup!

Received the couple I ordered last week. Pretty much as expected. The blade finish kind of left a bit to be desired, the sheath is pretty cheezy and the ferro is of that cheaper quality real hard stuff (typical of Chinese ferrocerium) that is "usable" but doesn't exactly throw all that well for regular use... but... still plenty useable and not a bad bargain for what it is. Tossed it in the glovebox and may never be seen again... but a tiny slice of peace of mind... its there!

Last Edited:
I've found that with most ferro rods I have to scrape off the outer coating

IMO the sheath is better than most other knives of the same cost or even a lot more.

The sheath of my Fallnikven F1 sucks (it will not hold the knife securely at all) and that is a $100+ knife.

My CS San Mai Master Hunter - also a $100+ knife - has a cheap canvas sheath (I think newer ones come with a better sheath) which is not up to the cost/value of the knife itself IMO.

I've found that with most ferro rods I have to scrape off the outer coating

IMO the sheath is better than most other knives of the same cost or even a lot more.
Yeah. That's pretty true of any ferro rod. Gotta get through the protective layer first, but once you're down to actual ferrocerium it's pretty hard stuff and doesn't throw much under normal pressure. I tried my fancy high speed steel striker on it as well and it wouldn't throw much either. "Useable" in an emergency situation, but likely to be a bit frustrating and require a bit of effort under less than ideal conditions.

Probably true on the sheath. Better than some other cheapo companies or those that toss in a sheath more as an afterthought, but not at all impressive. My main gripe is the fold down portion. I wished it folded up instead. As it is, when replacing your knife it's very easy to miss the middle knife slot and mistakenly slip the blade behind the main portion... which... drags the flat portion of your blade down the knife sharpener and scratches it all up. Ask me how I know... :D

Not a "big" deal, but that plus the belt loops on the back being very small and tight (won't fit on any belt I own), the stitching isn't all that great and the velcro on the handle doesn't hold all that well. Better than nothing and keeps the pokey parts away from doing any damage, but nevertheless... kinda cheezy.

To be perfectly clear... I DO think they are well worth the price tag. It's a very solid and comfortable little knife and ticks a lot of boxes for what you would want from a decent survival knife. The "fluff shtuff"... meh... but doesn't detract from the quality of the knife itself.

ZERO buyers remorse!! :s0155:

Yup - I could easily see myself throwing away the canvas/web portion of the sheath and finding some way to attach the real sheath somewhere/somehow else. That is where the LMFII and Prodigy sheaths are better; they have more options for tossing the rest of the sheath - they have holes and slots in the plastic.

I guess that is why the Ultimate is on sale?

I do like how Gerber made the plastic part of the sheaths "soft" with a rubberish coating. Makes it quieter and easier to grip.

Overall, at $27 I think it is a really good value. There are certainly better knives and better knife systems. But getting some of these for $27 for barter and gifts/etc., I don't have a problem buying some extra.

But getting some of these for $27 for barter and gifts/etc., I don't have a problem buying some extra.
Just keeping expectations "real", but plenty good enough I just bought a couple more myself... when your post reminded me to look again and saw they were still on sale. ;)

Can't be as bad as I might have unintenitionally made them sound, right?! 🤣 Money well spent!

Just keeping expectations "real", but plenty good enough I just bought a couple more myself... when your post reminded me to look again and saw they were still on sale. ;)

Can't be as bad as I might have unintenitionally made them sound, right?! 🤣 Money well spent!
Yup - everything has pros and cons. It is good to know what they are and what other people think of them.

And by the way, while most of the stuff that goes thru PreppingDeals.net (which is where I see a lot of the sales I post here), is probably an affiliate link (where I assume the PreppingDeals.net owner gets a % kickback?), I have no affiliation when the selling sight or the affiliate sight. I don't get a penny or other reward/etc.

I am just sharing what may or may not be a "Great Deal".

And by the way, while most of the stuff that goes thru PreppingDeals.net (which is where I see a lot of the sales I post here), is probably an affiliate link (where I assume the PreppingDeals.net owner gets a % kickback?)

I am just sharing what may or may not be a "Great Deal".
It's all the same price for us "end users" so if a fellow like-minded compatriot makes a little change off a genuinely "good deal" (vs. just flooding us with affiliate links for profit)... don't bother ME one little bit. Keep em comin!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top