JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was out shooting today. A couple of guys showed up next to me, cordial as you may after a few niceties, and the let loose with a hand canon. I thought it might be some sort of 500 so I asked what it was and he said something like a 260 or 270. It was basically like a 45 long. I never heard of it and so far even the internets haven't been able to help. Has anyone heard of such a beast. It was stainless with a ported barrel. Oh, yes, and it went BOOM.

Was out shooting today. A couple of guys showed up next to me, cordial as you may after a few niceties, and the let loose with a hand canon. I thought it might be some sort of 500 so I asked what it was and he said something like a 260 or 270. It was basically like a 45 long. I never heard of it and so far even the internets haven't been able to help. Has anyone heard of such a beast. It was stainless with a ported barrel. Oh, yes, and it went BOOM.

If it was big frame and associated with those numbers, maybe he was referring to bullet weight?

Darn. I was hoping it was a 260... I once had an Encore 7mm-08 pistol with 14" barrel. Shot flames over 2 feet when you touched it off. Good thing everyone ooohed and ahhhed at the flames cause I don't think I ever hit the broadside of a barn with it.

I'll vouch for the Boomer part. Ive forgot the earplugs shootin mine a couple times, kinda makes your ears ring for a bit:D

full.jpg

So you are saying it's actually quite economical? Three for one gun?

I don't know about that. My 460V was about $1200 IIRC (maybe a little less, I forget). For that much you can buy three revolvers. It is also pretty big and heavy. The ammo, if you buy .454 or .460, is also expensive.

I got it because it shot the three different kinds of ammo, and just in case a polar bear or hippo ever escapes from the zoo and makes it all the way to my property 30 miles away. That's my excuse anyway.:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top