JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just finished up an AR-10 in .260 Remington. Figured I'd build something different than everyone else. I tried some Nosler 120gr Balistic tip factory ammo. Way too hot!

So I just finished loading up some 70 enemic rounds for my first ladder test. Anyone know of any off the shelf (weak) 260 rem ammo that is safe for AR style rifles?

Why not try an adjustable gas block and dial it back?

Got one, does not help. High power rounds designed for bolt action rifles, using slow burning powers are problematic. They generate gas way early in the cycle, so early in fact, that the bolt is being forced open before the case even has a chance to let go of the chamber.

You can dial the gas way back, but then it won't cycle. Using faster powders, and reducing your loads is one of the ways to get rid of this issue.

I already have a rifle + 2" gas system, adjustable gas block, heavy / flat coil spring and buffer.

I did learn that Remington used to make a .260 Remington managed recoil load. It supposedly was loading with 30gr of IMR4198. I'd love to find some of this to reverse engineer.