JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait.....you shot a vertical steel sheet, in the shape of a convex dome (the strongest shape in nature) with a "low" powered pistol cartridge.....at point blank range?

What could POSSIBLY go wrong? :s0114: Inb4 sheepdip gets a darwin award.

Sheepdip, my man, may I direct you to the edit button. You will see it in the bottom right corner of your posts. Use this so you don't have to post 3 times in a row. Also, I recommend checking out some beginner grammar books from your local library.

I don't know about Oregon,

But in Washington you must have a minumum of .24 cal, centerfire rifle.

And, minimum .24 cal centerfire pistol, with a minimum 4" barrel length.

So if you find a .25acp with a 4" barrel, I guess it would be legal.

Not necessarily. The WDFW has rules for calibers for big game. .243 is the minimum caliber. The bullet MUST create at least 350 foot lbs of impact at 100 yards. A .25acp will NEVER create that kind of impact at 100 yards. How they measured impact is a mystery to me. So just because a .25acp is big enough caliber in diameter, it is not legal to use on big game because of the impact issue. Even with a 16" barrel.

Isn't it a 5in barrel minimum?

The impact is just what the manufactures rate their ammo at,probably.If you look on some boxes ,they have the FPS and energy on the back.
A 25 would be lucky to have 300f#s at the muzzle.
Love the lighter and brass knuckle comments too.LOL

shot a 9mm at point blank range at a 5 gallon propane bottle that had allready been set on fire and shot with a .338 win mag. didnt penetrait.WTF about to give up on 9mm

I shot a propane bottle with my .380 and even that went in and out! Mind you as soon as it exited the other side it just stopped, but wow! What kind of ammo were you using? Also, I was about 15 yds away, didnt want the chance of it bouncing off and hitting me or my family.

This is funny.
My brother last night had my 25acp in his pocket last night walking out of a store with a friend of his and four guys try to get them to empty there pockets. Well my brother did. 4 guys hit the ground as WSP was called to come get the 4 guys. Worked on scaring 4 guys. Moral of the story you might get lucky and scare the deer to death.

Before you Goobers hurt yourselves laughing at the .25 ACP maybe you should actually look at it's spec's

Test barrel 2"

45gr JHP has a muzzle velocity of 815 fps and a muzzle energy of 66 ft-lbf

40gr .22LR Mini Mag has a muzzle velocity of approx. 855fps and a muzzle energy of approx 68 ft-lbf
(tests varied from 824 fps to 887fps on the sources I could find)

<broken link removed>

Handgun Cartridge Power Chart - Condensed Version

shows the .25ACP with 2" more penatration then the .22LR that's moving faster.

Now granted no one in there right mind would hunt deer with a 2" barrel .22LR

But as you can see the cartridge (a .25ACP) in a longer barrel is going to have very similar ballistics to a pretty hot (CCI Mini Mag 40GR solid) .22LR and because of the heavier bullet actually have slightly more penatration.

And like someone else said be a bad guy come within 7 feet of me and my little Bauer .25 Auto and your going to be digging 6) 45 grain slugs out of you gizzard Try hitting me with the tire iron after that. Granted it ain't no gun fighters gun but it's there ALL THE TIME.

I was thinking a raven on a string flail-style
+1 :s0155: I was just thinking that - more damage than pulling the trigger.

So if you find a .25acp with a 4" barrel, I guess it would be legal.

come on - we all know that the reason you don't see .25s with a 4"+ barrel is the fear that the bullet won't have the energy to make it down that much pipe.;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top