JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tonight's goal was to run one full batch of brass. Headstamp sorted, I ran my Speer tonight just over 2500 worth. The process was:
  1. Sort range brass by headstamps
  2. Wash by headstamp, no media just a squirt of a car wash in the wet tumble.
  3. Dry in dehumidifiers. ($48 each delivered from Home Depot Dehumidifiers, cheap and they work!)
  4. Universal De-prime, swage primer pocket, resize then undersize by .001. (this is where tonight started)
  5. Roll Size via Rollsizer
  6. Wash w/ stainless steel chips, car-wash w/wax and a touch of Citric acid, for 2.5hrs, rinse well. Wet tumble #2
  7. Separate stainless chips then spread brass out on dry towels, roll towels up with wet brass like a swiss roll to pre-dry then load in trays.
  8. Load dehumidifier trays and dry at 158* for 3hrs.
  9. DONE!

Yes, I like shiny brass. It's so clean I have to have a few squirts of case lube to keep the powder drop/belling die from sticking when loading.
  1. IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0876.jpg

1. IMG_0892.jpg DONE!

IMG_0877.jpg

Last Edited:
Nicely done!
I don't bother sorting by headstamp. I'm not a good enough shot for that to make a difference.
The only pistol sorting I do is inspect the case and toss anything looking sketchy (bulges, cracks, thinning, etc) and then sort the 45ACP large/small primer and toss the small primer cases.

Nicely done!
I don't bother sorting by headstamp. I'm not a good enough shot for that to make a difference.
The only pistol sorting I do is inspect the case and toss anything looking sketchy (bulges, cracks, thinning, etc) and then sort the 45ACP large/small primer and toss the small primer cases.

#1 I sort as the web of the brass differs and when loading 165gr RN it can bulge the brass past case gauging. #2 is to inspect for cracks and the devil's brass .380 sneaking in or 38 super. By running the brass separate from progressive loading I eliminate jams due to brass issues during actual loading;

#1 I sort as the web of the brass differs and when loading 165gr RN it can bulge the brass past case gauging. #2 is to inspect for cracks and the devil's brass .380 sneaking in or 38 super. By running the brass separate from progressive loading I eliminate jams due to brass issues during actual loading;
Totally agree.
Run 380, 9 Mak and 9mm here. Sort them out first before anything else.
Can you please explain "roll sizing" ?

Totally agree.
Run 380, 9 Mak and 9mm here. Sort them out first before anything else.
Can you please explain "roll sizing" ?

It eliminates any bulge in the base of the case, basically sizing the base back to OEM standards.

Hooks up to the Dilan Case feeder, cases drop into it and are roll sized around a die and shoe. The base of a case is the one part we cant resize with a normal die set, so this eliminates any "Glocked" or "Bulged" brass. Bottom line roll sized brass case gauges 100% of the time. You still resize with a regular die set. In my case I resize with a regular die, then undersize with an .001" undersize die for 9mm and .40.

I use the commercial one but they have some smaller units including one manually operated. They are made in Australia but a few US dealers stock them and parts for them. There are other brands out there that do the same too. The Rollsizer is machined well, but the frame fabrication looks like someone made it in their garage. It works well but for the $$ the fit and finish could be better. As a fabricator, I am very tempted to build my own frame for it and toss the one it came with. DAA sells them complete for just under $1900 US.

IMG_0894.jpg

Very nice setup! I'm a bit envious, a run that long just to clean would take me days.

I too sort by head stamp. Its not for shooting accuracy, it just forces me to inspect each piece of brass. Additionally, since .45 can have both SPP or LPP pockets, I inspect each one.

Very nice setup! I'm a bit envious, a run that long just to clean would take me days.

I too sort by head stamp. Its not for shooting accuracy, it just forces me to inspect each piece of brass. Additionally, since .45 can have both SPP or LPP pockets, I inspect each one.

I am running the brass prep on a dedicated tool head set up just for prep on a Dillon 1050, with an AmmoBot auto-drive so it moves them along quickly. I also run duel wet tumblers to speed up capacity. The Rollsizer can outrun the speed of the Dillon case feeder. I have an upgrade kit to go in to make it go 2x faster just have not had time to install it yet.

I don't load for .45 but ya I hear its a nightmare with rando cased picked up at the range with small pockets. ImortalBot makes a "Pocket pro" sensor for the AmmoBot Autodrive that will check for them and kick them out if they are not the right size. Cool stuff.

Rollsizer in action tonight. 7400 9mm Win head stamps to run tonight. It's chewing away at them as I load 10mm on my other press. Just have to keep filling the brass hopper for the press with the Rolsizer hooked up too.

Attachments

• IMG_0899.MOV
    21.9 MB

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads