JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget to stock up on these. A true space saver.

bernard-dehydrated-water.jpg

physical fitness is #1 to me. Everything else can be bought, packaged, and put away for that day.

Keeping yourself in good enough shape to use all those things for an indeterminate amount of time is solely your responsibility. It also really separates those who prep with their wallets to feel good, and those who prep their body and minds to be good.

Sadly many just have very short memories. <shrug> Up here we are told we could get a real good shake one day. We are prepared as long as the house does not fall down. Most are not. If it happens the Gov will be here in days. Problems will be here in an hour if that. So those who expect 911 to still work and or Gov to come to the aid? Well good luck. Look at the recent panic shortage on guns and ammo. Now both are back and I would bet a lot of people went right back to the same thing as before. Next one to hit they will be screaming again <shrug>

This is what bothers me the most: The house falling down. I've always been in a pretty good "preparedness" mindset, and have a decent stockpile of equipment and goods, but my house will most certainly not survive a large magnitude quake (built in 1925), like the one we're worried about. After realizing this I took some steps, like buying a conex box to store our supplies in and use as a shelter, but that only helps if I don't have hundreds of pounds of house rubble laying on top of me after the quake hits while I'm in bed. I'm starting to think that my only option is to either tear down the house and rebuild or pack up and move farther east, neither of which sound very pleasant or doable.

Venting over...

physical fitness is #1 to me. Everything else can be bought, packaged, and put away for that day.

Keeping yourself in good enough shape to use all those things for an indeterminate amount of time is solely your responsibility. It also really separates those who prep with their wallets to feel good, and those who prep their body and minds to be good.
Don't disagree with you. However, many of us are sporting injuries and afflictions due to no fault of our own (well, maybe to some extent:p). In other words, life happens when your busy making other plans. That being said, a few push ups a day can do amazing things to make one feel better. You don't have to be Jack LaLanne but if you can do enough to just make sure that you have a good range of motion you will be ahead of the game when SHTF. The push up is the most basic exercise and works more mucle groups from head to toe than any other. Do a push up today!

Don't disagree with you. However, many of us are sporting injuries and afflictions due to no fault of our own (well, maybe to some extent:p). In other words, life happens when your busy making other plans. That being said, a few push ups a day can do amazing things to make one feel better. You don't have to be Jack LaLanne but if you can do enough to just make sure that you have a good range of motion you will be ahead of the game when SHTF. The push up is the most basic exercise and works more mucle groups from head to toe than any other. Do a push up today!

good point, we can only do the best that we are able to do.

By fittest you are referring to those wielding rifles with evil features and automatic bullets?
I think I mean fit mind and body . But that works too lol.
Sometimes just being in shape gets you out of situations your too stupid to figure out . Being smart allows you not to be there in the first place . Every been in a fight where just being in better shape out trumps a better scrapper and you just hope the guy gases before you ..... it'll be like that

We have a bugout kit. A very large amount of MRE meals, a few boxes of Plastic eating utinsels , Blankets, clothing, 2,000 wat generator and several 5 gallon Gas cans full, Tool bags that also contain a small hatchet and rope bundles, a 90 day supply of Prescription Meds and same for OTC Meds, Wool Blankets, Tarps, Fishing line, hooks sinkers, Solar Heated Shower Bag, Water Purifier, Dried foods, several packs of cured meats (Jerky) Instant potatoes, portable AM/FM Radio, extra packs of batteries for flash lights, FRS Walkie Talkies First aid supplies, Dog Food, several Packs of Strike anywhere Matches, several boxes of book watches, a bunch of the small Fire Starter Sticks, Bags of Hard Candy (wife is non insulin dependent Diabetic).

Living 3 blocks from the beach adds Tsunami's into the SHTF Equation for my Family. we may get as little as 15 minutes warning to evacuate.

Join us over on the "What did you do to exercise today" thread!

Paranoia - It can be great fun...

Hhhmmmm what to OCD about?

Poles reversing?

Race war?

EMP strike?

The heartbreak of psoriasisis?

Wait, wait, the menu of worry is long and lustrous, there's lots more to obsess over ....I love it!

My two favorites worries: A super volcano 'splodin' or a big old meteor hitting like what hit Russia in 1908 (Tunguska) yeah buddy, stock up on...everything and dig way deep, yer in fer a heckuva ride, ah, before you croak anyway...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top