JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
-SOLD-

20180415_103735.jpg 20180415_103809.jpg 20180415_103844.jpg 20180415_103853.jpg

Last Edited:
In the 2nd picture, right in front of the gauge, there is a little cutout in the aluminum (striped part). The edges are a bit warped from Tony having to pry on it to get it loose for the tank adapter install. Doesn't effect anything performance wise, just doesn't look perfect.

The fill valve is on the tank adapter. Here is the link.
TalonTunes Tank Adapter | TalonTunes

The top-hat was done by Tony as well. I believe it's this model. He did the build right after the Talon SS was released. Condors were available at the time though. He suggested changing it and I said sure. Haha, sorry I'm not more help!

HP Top Hat And Stem | TalonTunes

I can take a closer look tomorrow and try to narrow it down more for you.

Tank date? How old is it and have the O-rings ever been changed out? Home fills or commercial only?

Tank date? How old is it and have the O-rings ever been changed out? Home fills or commercial only?

I have a Hill MK4 hand pump. That's the only way I've ever filled it. We replaced a few o-rings when I did the tank adapter upgrade about 2 years ago. Haven't shot the rifle much since then. Have a friend here in town that is big into airguns, so he's helped with maintenance (o-ring replacements, lubing with scuba silicone, etc.)

The tank is the original aluminum Air Force tank. I don't see a date on it, but I haven't noticed any leaks in the tank or performance reduction when I have shot it.

I don't see a date on it.

It should be stamped into the tank near the top. A month and year with a symbol or letter stamped between them. Ie., 01{symbol/letter}18 for January of 2018.

The top hat is a tuned original then or does it have threads for inserts at the output valve?

Can't really get a shot of the top hat without taking it to my buddies place for disassembly. I mostly do powder burners... I honestly don't know a whole lot about the workings of these PCP rifles.

I suppose if IP43 passes, I'll be learning more! LOL

20180502_140950.jpg

Derp. That's the breech. LOL

Thanks! May 2010.

Appreciate the time and effort, but not the breech... the other side (tophat/valve output). Tony does an aftermarket tophat, which is the desireable one, that has threads inside the tophat output valve. It allows you to screw in different valve output inserts to restrict the airflow. For "plinking" you don't necessarily need full output so dialing down the air increases your shot count per fill dramatically.

With the tank date... I'm guessing it's an older build and, more than likely... has the "tuned" one piece tophat (no inserts).

It doesn't looked threaded to me. Here's the paper he sent back with the gun. He mentions not adjusting the top hat. I never played with the parts much. Just loaded the pellets and fired!

20180502_142257.jpg 20180502_142355.jpg

The tophap "appears" to have an insert already in it which is probably why you don't see the threads. In the top photo in post #12 it also looks like you can see the threads of the insert itself and not quite screwed all the way into the tophat.

When you look down inside the middle of the valve opening do you see a hex key socket in the bottom of the valve?

If so, it's kinda odd he would have tuned it with an insert in place. Possibly a permanent insert(?).

Which leads to the next question. If you see a hex key socket in the bottom of the insert could you try it and see if it is removeable? Not necessarily taking it all the way out, just giving it a quarter turn and back again to see if it's been permanently fixed?

Quite alright if you don't want to mess with it, but kinda a deal maker/breaker if the output is resitricted and the insert is permanently fixed.

I should be able to check that no problem. Give me a bit. The rifle is the bedroom with my parrots and they're still sleeping. It's the only time it's ever peaceful around here! LOL

Good eye!

It seems that the top hat is indeed adjustable. There are 2 hex screws that you can move in or out on the side. Tried to capture a picture of it for you.

20180503_083433.jpg

So. That's not a one piece top hat. Those hex screws secure the valve top to the rest of the valve stem assembly. Inside the center hole of the valve itself is where the insert appears to be. Look into the bottom... IF it's an insert there should be a hex socket at the bottom of the hole. ?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top