Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

$25.00 tax on firearms purchase

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by BEN LILLY, Nov 11, 2012.

1. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

Chicago city council has passed a tax measure on firearms. If you buy a firearm in chicaco, there will be a "violance Tax" for the purchase. I'm afraid this idea will spread to most major cities, and eventually all firearms sales.

2. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I wonder how much they will see from this, I mean I am sure the majority of firearms are purchased legally in Chicago......

3. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Chicago, kills more people on a weekend than our folks in Obama's war in Afgan in a month And I bet all those guns are LEGAL

4. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Nothing that happens in Chicago will spread too quick.

5. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

Already paying $10 per gun :(

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

All firearms have had an 11% Tax on them since 1937 When the Pittman–Robertson Act or as its offically called the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration of 1937 was passed. Ammo is also taxed. The tax is paid by the manufacturers.

Pittman

7. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if Seattle did not follow their lead. Still, even though I live in Seattle I could not care less. I do all my shopping outside the city limits and usually out of King county. I do it because the greedy politicians at the city and county level are not going to get any of my money as much as I can help it.
    The Seattle shopping bag city ordinance really pushed my away even further.

8. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

It's Chicago. That entire town could disappear into a sinkhole tomorrow and it would be a net improvement for the country.

Corrupt cops, corrupt politicians, hatred for freedom and contempt for anyone not beholden to .Gov. I lived there for about 16 months, I hated every day of it.

9. theflyguy

theflyguy Beaverton, Oregon Member

Are the politicians so dumb to think the bad guys are going to buy guns legally and pay the tax…no only the law abiding citizens.

10. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member