JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In need of brass to reload for Oregon grandson. Carries and shoots great little Browning A Bolt .243 WSSM. He has a reasonable amount. However, like this grandfather, he'll likely keep it for his lifetime. So, starting the search in his behalf. Cash on hand. Preferences for all the same head stamp, or at least good enough condition to reload safely.

Last edited by a moderator:
243 WSSM brass and ammo is only made by Winchester and it doesn't look like they've been giving too much love to that cartridge recently. I did see an auction at gunbroker.com for 100 pieces of brass at $100 with about an hour remaining. That sort of thing may be your only option other than just getting lucky.

Good luck. You may be able to find someone who will sell you a bit of their personal stash. Don't be surprised to find FC headstamped brass. That huge batch was indeed made by Win, as the story goes, for FC to experiment with prior to adding that cartridge to their line of loaded ammo. It never worked out and the leftovers were released to retailers. Some of us were able to take advantage of the huge savings offered by a very few online retailers when buying 1000 pc. boxes. Sorry I cannot offer you any of mine but I have already shared out more than I should have with my son and a friend.

As Steve mentioned, haunt the sites like gun broker or gunsamerica--possibly E-bay and again, good luck-oh and I think everyone who has that brass knows all this so don't expect to find any bargains.........

Hey gal weld I have some of that brass from a rifle I used to have.be happy to trade it for other brass.i work in Eugene at kniferiver.i have no use for it anymore.i even have a couple of plastic ammo boxes they fit in. If interested give me a call at 541-321-3637. Al

In need of brass to reload for Oregon grandson. Carries and shoots great little Browning A Bolt .243 WSSM. He has a reasonable amount. However, like this grandfather, he'll likely keep it for his lifetime. So, starting the search in his behalf. Cash on hand. Preferences for all the same head stamp, or at least good enough condition to reload safely.

Gavlweld, Diamond K Brass has some once fired 243wssm cases for sale "Now" I get all of my brass from them and they are great to work with.

Well that's real heartwarming and all but good luck with that. A boutique round such as that is hotter than the .243 Winchester.. the classic barrel burner of all rounds.
That barrel will probably go 1000 rounds.

I have some 243 wasn't 95gr ballistic silver tips. $60/box + shipping if interested

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.