Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.243 bull varmit rifle

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by varmiter, Sep 4, 2009.

1. varmiter

varmiter orchards wa. Member

I am looking for a bull barrel 243win for varmit hunting.Also any feedback if I need to go new would be helpfull.

2. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

Last time I looked ...there were 2 listed here.......one may have been on outdoors trader. I have bout used varmint guns before and just need to trust the owner with his info regarding use, previous owners, rounds fired. My real concern with these higher velocity (potential) cartridges is the throat condition.....dont want to rebarrel unless the price is right. You can usually figure out the seller and proceed accordingly. I would not like to think someone on this site would knowingly decieve a buyer......I use my .243 for Coyotes,Badger, and even sage rats but always allow for barrel cooling.....very versatile caliber....brass is everywhere too and of course load your own if at all possible........

3. MCKilo 3/5

MCKilo 3/5 Central, OR Member

I know that you are looking for a fat barreled .243.
    What about a Browning A Bolt .223 WSSM. Flat shooter. Good for varmints w/ 55gr and deer w/64 gr.
    Check my ad if you could be swayed to a .223 Winchester Super Short Mag round.
    Thx,
    JB

4. DeletedUser1

DeletedUser1 Member

again,what's with diggin up old threads? last post on 09/04/2009??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.