JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's already been said, but yeah, it's like anything people are into and spend money on, fishing poles like mentioned, knives, coolers, tools, etc. You are going to pay 300%+ more to get 25% more performance. For some people, that 25% is what they are looking for and are willing to pay for it.

I like the ALG Defense triggers in an AR, very clean and easy to maintain.
This is where I'm at. Years in service, I'm used to a Mil-Spec trigger but, for my type of shooting, anything over a C-note would be wasted on me.:s0060: I really like the ALG-ACT's but, I've even found satisfaction in a simple nickle teflon coated Mil-Spec trigger.

And just because::s0140:

aft.jpg

I understand when some folks can't afford the upper end of anything.

I don't understand their devaluing what they can't afford.

My take: If it's value to you is 100%, then it's worth isn't extravagant... assuming you have the expendable moola of course.

After years of not being able to afford all I wanted (but yes, could do without) and then finally being able to afford whatever...only then will you understand, the luxury of owning a first class piece of equipment is an experience you will supremely enjoy....

ALG ACT (or similar) is the best bang for the buck improvement for an AR. It's the standard option for any AR I won. That said, the SSA-E I put on my AR 308 is a dream and worth every penny. I'd put them on every AR platform if I could. If the ACT's weren't so competent I might consider it.

Specifically, what convinced me on the SSA-E:
  • All my AR's are ultimately defensive weapons, though they will hopefully never be used as such. I only use triggers designed for combat. Many aftermarket triggers have low mass hammers that may or may not strike a harder military primer hard enough to be 100% reliable.

• My AR308 is set up like a DMR, and I wanted a better trigger that would better suit that role, hence a 2 stage designed for combat.

• The 2 stage action of the SSA-E was designed to be used as a single stage trigger during urgent situations without impairing two stage usefulness.

• The SSA-E is combat proven, so I feel I can trust it when my life depends on it. Nope, not everything on my AR's is combat proven, bit I value the rifle's ability to go bang every time I pull the trigger over everything else.

• A wee bit expensive? Yes, but the rifle I put it on has better long range capabilities and I also was patient and waited for a black Friday sale. It cost me slightly more than a pair of ACT's.

i'll spend up to $150 on a drop in trigger. over $200 is too much unless is a BFSIII(which is cool but way expensive still) IMO.

for around $20 a guy can get a nice AR trigger out of a milspec with some 600,1200,2000 grit wet sanding, a buffer wheel and adding some jp red/yellow springs. its very well worth it.

I can get similar accuracy results with a gritty, mushy, unreliable breaking, heavy trigger but you spend your time focusing on your trigger pull instead of not having to think about it and just letting it happen with a well tuned trigger. If your focusing on your trigger and trigger control then you aren't focusing on other important aspects like your target, stance/shooting position, breathing, etc....

Everyone has their different needs and price thresholds. Why knock someone who wants to spend their hard earned funds on upgrading their rifle in an area they feel will yield benefits to their shooting experience. I don't understand lifting a truck and putting oversize tires on it but if it makes the owner happy, who the hell cares.

You ever use a Timney Trigger for an AR15/AR10? Makes all the difference in the world, and they are only about $150. When you do, you'll see where the extra money went. Can't speak for any of the others, never used them...but for $240, that seems like a rip off

Last Edited:
I really like the ALG-ACT'
ALG ACT (or similar) is the best bang for the buck improvement for an AR.
ALG ACT and the BMG polished triggers are what I use
For under 70 bucks, the NiB ALG-ACT is a nice deal... and it looks dandy, too.

I replaced one with a RRA 2-stage on my 223 Wylde build but I think I'm gonna put the ACT back in. Then I'll have to buy another lower to put it in so it doesn't get lost. 6.5 C build... ? Is 224 Valkyrie still a thing? What's the cool new caliber?

For less dough you can get the QMS which is the same thing but minus the NiB... never tried one of those.

Last Edited:
Geisselles don't even stack up well against drop in triggers as a general use carbine trigger. You are paying somewhat for a battle proven name, also reliability. People are claiming the Larue 2 stage triggers are close for a fraction of the price ($80) the brownells g2s is also a good option on sale at $120. The GRF is also fun if you just want to GOFAST! However if you want the best bang :rolleyes: for your buck for a crisp single stage, you have to go drop in.

All depends what you are trying to do.

You can write back and forth all day about spendy rods, but I can catch more fish with a snoopy pole and a wet hook that you can with your hand on a keyboard*.

* types man with hands on a keyboard

Last Edited:
There's definitely a point of diminishing returns when it comes to AR triggers. I've shot quite a few aftermarket triggers, currently I have a Geissele G2S (paid $110), a KE Arms DMR drop-in (paid $125), and a few LaRue MBT-2S's (paid $80 each).

Honestly, the LaRue MBT-2S's are the best value out there IMO and they're what I'm putting in all my AR's going forward. Are there better triggers? Absolutely! But in my experience you're spending an extra $100-$150 for what is maybe a 10% improvement.

Two things to note:

1) I don't have much experience with single-stage triggers, so this only applies to 2-stage.
2) I've heard the LaRue single stage is nowhere near as nice as the LaRue MBT-2S.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top