JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a couple of CMC triggers a month or two back, I need 4.5 pounds, I have 3.5 and lower, but they don't work at the range I frequent for rifles. $140 I think.
I shoot bass mostly except 7.62x39. No trigger on my AR based rifle would work 100%. Even the POF 4.5lb until I went back to milspec PSA EPT trigger.

I mentioned it before but outside of that I believe the POF 4.5lb trigger was fine with steel cased 5.56. I only have one other AR that I shoot steel with. 14.5" chrome lined Brownells barrel seems to love it. Ejects cases between 3-4 o'clock and no less accurate up to 100 yards.

I shoot bass mostly except 7.62x39. No trigger on my AR based rifle would work 100%. Even the POF 4.5lb until I went back to milspec PSA EPT trigger.

I mentioned it before but outside of that I believe the POF 4.5lb trigger was fine with steel cased 5.56. I only have one other AR that I shoot steel with. 14.5" chrome lined Brownells barrel seems to love it. Ejects cases between 3-4 o'clock and no less accurate up to 100 yards.
A couple of places make a High Reliability spring that you can put in a higher end trigger. It will up the pull weight a bit but you still have the much smoother, cleaner break.

Why complain about people spending $240 on a trigger.

There are probably people on this forum that spend what I could consider "stupid money" on all kinds of things, makes no difference to me. But for example, if someone is used to buying $5 worth of coffee or junk food everyday, they could forego that for 50 days and have $250 for a trigger.

There are probably people on this forum that spend what I could consider "stupid money" on all kinds of things, makes no difference to me. But for example, if someone is used to buying $5 worth of coffee or junk food everyday, they could forego that for 50 days and have $250 for a trigger.
yeabut my orange mocha frappuccino.....

A couple of places make a High Reliability spring that you can put in a higher end trigger. It will up the pull weight a bit but you still have the much smoother, cleaner break.
I did play with JE springs on a PSA EPT trigger. For under $50 you get a very light trigger. I did get some light primer strikes with that setup. Maybe a heavier buffer would have made a difference. I didn't think to try at the time.

I heard the other day that a "normal" daily trip to Starbucks everyday over one's lifetime is/would be $50,000.
Would one invest that samely in a conservative investment vehicle, it would be a nice retirement when all was said and done, probably close to $1,000,000.

Why spend $240 on a AR trigger? Because burning it get's boring.

1632060696670.png

I did play with JE springs on a PSA EPT trigger. For under $50 you get a very light trigger. I did get some light primer strikes with that setup. Maybe a heavier buffer would have made a difference. I didn't think to try at the time.
I don't think buffer weight is going to help much with light primer strikes unless you're out of battery. My understanding is that the berdan primers in steel cased ammo are harder, and require stronger impact than the boxer type used in most commercial, brass cased ammo.

I don't think buffer weight is going to help much with light primer strikes unless you're out of battery. My understanding is that the berdan primers in steel cased ammo are harder, and require stronger impact than the boxer type used in most commercial, brass cased ammo.
Several people have responded the same. Initially it seemed to help. I could just about get thru a magazine without a light strike but not enough to be considered reliable so I went back to a full power trigger. Maybe the buffer didn't help but it's working 100% now.

Also I'm speaking on 2 rifles. A 14.5" 5.56 using steel case and a 18" 7.62x39 using steel case. I went through a few different trigger and buffer set up with both. Now the both run reliable. They both started reliable but I wanted to see how low I could go with them. I have other rifles that were good to go. These were $400 builds or used extra parts I had.

Last Edited:
There is a reason the standard GI hammer has a lot of mass and a fairly heavy spring. Even when I replace them with an ACT I use the heavier of the two springs provided. The Giessele triggers are also designed for military applications which is a reason I;ve used them as well. All or my AR's have a primary or secondary purpose for self defense so making sire they go bang every time I pull the trigger is my highest priority,

There is a reason the standard GI hammer has a lot of mass and a fairly heavy spring. Even when I replace them with an ACT I use the heavier of the two springs provided. The Giessele triggers are also designed for military applications which is a reason I;ve used them as well. All or my AR's have a primary or secondary purpose for self defense so making sire they go bang every time I pull the trigger is my highest priority,
Sounds like solid logic to me.

That's a whole other animal altogether, and yeah, it can get really expensive really fast. :eek:
One of my optics costs more than my next most expensive setup, optic and rifle, combined by several hundred. Let me tell you how long it took me to actually "pull the trigger" and buy it. And also let me tell you I took the day off work to make damn sure it was delivered directly into my hands. Probably a one time deal for me.

One of my optics costs more than my next most expensive setup, optic and rifle, combined by several hundred. Let me tell you how long it took me to actually "pull the trigger" and buy it. And also let me tell you I took the day off work to make damn sure it was delivered directly into my hands. Probably a one time deal for me.
I know all too well.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top