JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only own 1 AR and figured I would take advantage of .223 round, a thick barrel, and a good trigger. Definitely worth it for me. I went budget on everything but splurged on the Geissele and good iron sights. I can get 2" @ 100yrds fairly consistently. Knowing exactly when that trigger goes off feels awesone. I think its 2lbs, straight trigger. If I was just goofing off I wouldnt care, but a good trigger really helps.

I have TriggerTech, CMMG and one of the polished "Mil" triggers. The TriggerTech might be a bit faster than the Mil and for someone competing in USPSA at a very high level (or 3-gun, etc) might make a difference, but the reset of the Mil trigger is beyond positive, fast and next time at the range I'm going to run and time both triggers at speed; I'm thinking I won't see much of a difference, but I'm an old guy.

My wife has a TriggerTech in her seldom-used PCC, but she is used to a 1.5 lb. trigger in her competition Kidd rifle (and she's my wife:))

I have "expensive" triggers in all three of my match (Highpower or F-Class) rifles. A $240-ish Geissle High-Speed Nat'l Match in one, a $220 Timney Calvin Elite in another, and a Jewell (don't remember what I paid for that one, it was a long time ago) in the third. The Timney is adjusted to break at 1#. The other two are close to that or a little higher. I wouldn't put any of those triggers in a plinker or SD/HD rifle. For those applications I use more mid-range (and mid-priced, $60 - $80) ALG triggers. When I was a lot younger I shot a lot of IPSC type rifle matches, and factory GI triggers always sufficed just fine for that in my M-1A and AR-15.

Bringing back this this 2020 thread because of a relevant 2021 thread:

You only spend the $240.00 once and its the gift that keeps on giving each time you pull the trigger
It took me a minute to see this was an old bubblegum thread.

but now that I'm here…I might pay that much for one rifle that I buy the top tier stuff for, but not on multiple firearms.

It took me a minute to see this was an old bubblegum thread.

but now that I'm here…I might pay that much for one rifle that I buy the top tier stuff for, but not on multiple firearms.
Hmmm...see you in 6 months when all your rifles get improved triggers.

Last Edited:
I buy a good BCG which is typically BCG, a BCM PNT trigger or a CMC 3.5lb trigger, and a chromed lined barrel, BCM, Spikes Tactical, or FN. I buy Magpul pistol grip and a buttstock. I used BCM lower parts kit but did buy a few Son's of Liberty Gun Works Blaster Starter Kit for my lower parts. Good quality for the price.

A friend of mine a few years ago tried out an AR that I had the SSA trigger in, and another with the SSA-E. A week later I see him at the club and he says damn you Flops. I said what. He said I just spent $700 on new triggers. :)
First one's free……

Or not..

I used one of my 35% off coupons from the Geissele black Friday fiasco to buy a few sd3g's and the rest I got on sale for about 180. I have a couple SD-E's in my 14.5" and longer rifles the rest are SD3G's in my SBR's. I think the next one will be the SSP.

I bought a couple of CMC triggers a month or two back, I need 4.5 pounds, I have 3.5 and lower, but they don't work at the range I frequent for rifles. $140 I think.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top