JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ditto ALG ACT. BTW, the G in ALG if Geissele as in the Missus. I don't think I'd pick the LaRue single stage over the ACT at the same price, but if I had started with the LaRue I might feel just the opposite.

Been reading up on the LaRue two stage and it is a huge bang for the buck at $80. A lot of people who own it and the SSA and SSA-E feel it's pretty close to the SSA.

First stage is a bit longer for the LaRue. Possibly the only real deficiency in comparison is that the Geissele's reset much quicker, so would be better for rapid fire. For precision shooting likely same-same when you have enough trigger time put in.

I agree to point and would put the LaRue triggers at 75% of the Geissele at a third the cost. Having experience with both I'll stick with Geissele but have recommended the LaRue to a few people that I've help build ARs and didn't want to spring for G trigger but wanted a top quality trigger.

Another thing to keep in mind is the G triggers are combat proven and SOCOM approved, not all fancy triggers can make that claim.

It's not. It's for guys I see at the range with a .50 cal Barret for fun and no military training.
*raises hand* oh,oh,oh pick me!

I had an Ariel Atom at one point. 1400 lbs race car, 300 HP, more HP per ton than a Veyron and what did I do? I put in another 100 hp. Not because I was a racecar driver. Hell, I could not even push the accelerator pedal all the way down otherwise I'd kill myself. I did it to piss off the British and cause it was fun

So if someone sold a $500 AR trigger made from platypus bills (responsibly harvested of course) that reduced trigger reset time by 1 millisecond I'd probably want it

I'm in the market for an AR trigger. What are some good value (prob $150 or less) options for fast firing? Not really interested in long range slow fire.

I like SA triggers in pistols. I think I'm after minimal travel, clean break, light pull, minimal over travel, minimal reset.

Saw this video which has some intriguing triggers but have not used any of them myself:

Last Edited:
*raises hand* oh,oh,oh pick me!

I had an Ariel Atom at one point. 1400 lbs race car, 300 HP, more HP per ton than a Veyron and what did I do? I put in another 100 hp. Not because I was a racecar driver. Hell, I could not even push the accelerator pedal all the way down otherwise I'd kill myself. I did it to piss off the British and cause it was fun

So if someone sold a $500 AR trigger made from platypus bills (responsibly harvested of course) that reduced trigger reset time by 1 millisecond I'd probably want it
You lucky dog! Atom is awesome. Had a chance to buy a slightly wrecked lotus/cateram super 7 some years back in a salvage auction and my bid was $100 short. :( Currently only have heavy cars such as porsche 928s which r fun in their own right but nothing like the fast go kart handling track cars.

Geissele triggers on sale for $180. I love mine but also like the CMC 3.5lb I picked up last year on sale for $100

I've ordered from this guy before and had good results.

I'm in the market for an AR trigger. What are some good value (prob $150 or less) options for fast firing? Not really interested in long range slow fire.

I like SA triggers in pistols. I think I'm after minimal travel, clean break, light pull, minimal over travel, minimal reset.

Saw this video which has some intriguing triggers but have not used any of them myself:
IMO, an ALG ACT for your price point.

600 yard line
6-inch X-ring
Iron sights
Prone with sling

Miss a 1MPH shift in wind speed and you are blown out of a scoring ring.

You have to be observing conditions with high levels of focus.

If you have to be thinking about your trigger forget about it. The top flight triggers work ... for the life of the barrel and longer ... and they act the same time each and every single time.

If you are not a match / long-range type of shooter there are better places to spend your money. If you play the high power, or other accuracy focused games then you greatly hinder yourself if you don't have a top level trigger.

That's my take!

I have 5 SD-3G's and an SD-E and I don't think Iv'e ever paid over 180$ for one. Once you've shot one , you wont want anything else. 1NA1ioZl.jpg

My first AR came fitted with an LWRCI LPK that included a polished FCG. Minimal creep, firm wall, distinct break, pretty smooth reset. Heavy pull though; probably 6+ pounds.

My second AR, and first build, I used a PSA LPK. Bad. No comparison to the LWRCI so I replaced the FCG with an ALG QMS for about $60. Better.

During a Black Friday sale, I saw a Velocity 3# drop-in for $125 and decided to give it a try. Incredible improvement and noticeable. Minimal creep. Crisp break. Fast reset. Improved follow on shot also.

I've since replaced all my ARs with the Velocity drop-in trigger and am a fan.

@Simply Trigger is a sponsor here and sells them for $135 shipped. (No affiliation) Best deal around now with gun stuff prices up across the board. Most online dealers selling at >$150.

Check out LaRue Triggers

$ for $ best triggers on the market IMO.

I personally think mispec AR triggers are pretty darn good. But that first upgrade for a few more dollars can make a huge difference. The ~$100 triggers like Larue MBT-2S or ALG triggers are noticeable cleaner break, smoother pull, and much shorter and crisper reset than a stock milspec. I like those advantages.

For the expensive $240 triggers like JP, Timney, CMC, they are often drop in units so there is nothing to screw up and if something breaks, send the whole unit back out for repair and they will replace it. They have lighter springs and tighter spaces to work with ecause they are drop in units, so your reliability may go down a bit in adverse conditions.

I think the advantage Geissele has is that they can use full power hammer springs without sacrificing the milspec reliability. They are my favorite. But yeah you could get 90% of the functionality from say that $90 Larue trigger.

Do they really cost $240? Maybe the drop-in units do because they have to be a single unit, but often Geissele will put them on sale for around $180, and that's when I pick them up.

You know, I had a nice long response typed out and my GO&DA$&@ phone reloaded due to a "problem".

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Yes there is a huge difference between triggers and the price you pay for them.

Yes you can see the difference downrange.

Quality, materials and craftsmanship are generally the reason for the price difference.

Stock triggers can be made better, but be careful. It's easy to remove too much of the surface hardening, and then you get what big brother doesn't like to see. Multiple rounds discharged with one pull of the trigger.

I have several nice triggers. Once you start it is hard to go back.

I really like the FLAT triggers, cant get that in mil spec.

Giessele
2) SD-E
1) SD-C

LaRue
3) MBT-2S

Velocity
1) 4lb steel

1) Rise Armament ( haven't used yet)

1) ELF

Next one to try is a TriggerTech Diamond, precision long range AR.

Still have 3 with Mil-spec triggers, not sure what I want to do with those yet.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews