JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only own 1 AR and figured I would take advantage of .223 round, a thick barrel, and a good trigger. Definitely worth it for me. I went budget on everything but splurged on the Geissele and good iron sights. I can get 2" @ 100yrds fairly consistently. Knowing exactly when that trigger goes off feels awesone. I think its 2lbs, straight trigger. If I was just goofing off I wouldnt care, but a good trigger really helps.

I have TriggerTech, CMMG and one of the polished "Mil" triggers. The TriggerTech might be a bit faster than the Mil and for someone competing in USPSA at a very high level (or 3-gun, etc) might make a difference, but the reset of the Mil trigger is beyond positive, fast and next time at the range I'm going to run and time both triggers at speed; I'm thinking I won't see much of a difference, but I'm an old guy.

My wife has a TriggerTech in her seldom-used PCC, but she is used to a 1.5 lb. trigger in her competition Kidd rifle (and she's my wife:))

I have "expensive" triggers in all three of my match (Highpower or F-Class) rifles. A $240-ish Geissle High-Speed Nat'l Match in one, a $220 Timney Calvin Elite in another, and a Jewell (don't remember what I paid for that one, it was a long time ago) in the third. The Timney is adjusted to break at 1#. The other two are close to that or a little higher. I wouldn't put any of those triggers in a plinker or SD/HD rifle. For those applications I use more mid-range (and mid-priced, $60 - $80) ALG triggers. When I was a lot younger I shot a lot of IPSC type rifle matches, and factory GI triggers always sufficed just fine for that in my M-1A and AR-15.

Bringing back this this 2020 thread because of a relevant 2021 thread:

You only spend the $240.00 once and its the gift that keeps on giving each time you pull the trigger
It took me a minute to see this was an old bubblegum thread.

but now that I'm here…I might pay that much for one rifle that I buy the top tier stuff for, but not on multiple firearms.

It took me a minute to see this was an old bubblegum thread.

but now that I'm here…I might pay that much for one rifle that I buy the top tier stuff for, but not on multiple firearms.
Hmmm...see you in 6 months when all your rifles get improved triggers.

Last Edited:
I buy a good BCG which is typically BCG, a BCM PNT trigger or a CMC 3.5lb trigger, and a chromed lined barrel, BCM, Spikes Tactical, or FN. I buy Magpul pistol grip and a buttstock. I used BCM lower parts kit but did buy a few Son's of Liberty Gun Works Blaster Starter Kit for my lower parts. Good quality for the price.

A friend of mine a few years ago tried out an AR that I had the SSA trigger in, and another with the SSA-E. A week later I see him at the club and he says damn you Flops. I said what. He said I just spent $700 on new triggers. :)
First one's free……

Or not..

I used one of my 35% off coupons from the Geissele black Friday fiasco to buy a few sd3g's and the rest I got on sale for about 180. I have a couple SD-E's in my 14.5" and longer rifles the rest are SD3G's in my SBR's. I think the next one will be the SSP.

I bought a couple of CMC triggers a month or two back, I need 4.5 pounds, I have 3.5 and lower, but they don't work at the range I frequent for rifles. $140 I think.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top