Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Krinkov, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Krinkov

Krinkov NW OREGON Member

2. dave

dave Independence Member

Online, we are only as good as our word. How will the rest of us know to deal with him or not. If you have gone this far by posting your own frustration. Take it all the way and give him the minus number.

"Treat me good I will treat you better. Treat me bad I will treat you worse" comes to mind.

3. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Yup, this is what the negative feedback option is for.

If he opens another account, he is risking being caught by our sockpuppet hunters and getting a 7 day ban or a permaban.

4. mattg521

mattg521 portland.,or Member

Seems to me that this is exactly why there is a feedback function.
    If we don't use it then how will we know when we're dealing with timewasters. Also seems unfair to the solid, upstanding guys I've had the pleaure of dealing with and rating positively.

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I know you and will vouch for you 100%!

6. dave

dave Independence Member

Theres a group of "Sockpuppet hunters" here! I gotta know more about this group Mark!

7. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Yup, crafty dedicated sockpuppet hunters. They have them stuffed and mounted after hunting them down. :)

8. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Things can come up and sometimes scheduling can be tough. Recently it took almost a month for another member and I to hook up, but we stayed in contact and met at the first opportunity we could. To use scheduling woes for an excuse to low ball on an accepted offer is garbage.

My word is my bond. I think it's fair to expect that of others.

I'd give negative feedback for something like that.

9. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

And people wonder why some don't want to sell/trade with those who have zero feedback....yep. i would leave him a neg...

10. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

he waisted your time then dogged you :thumbdown: thats worthy of -1

he should have at least manned up and said he could not do the deal rather than play you and leave you hanging.

11. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

I say leave the negative feedback...
    Problem is I asked the same question before on a bad deal. I got the same answer and the person I left it for retaliated and left me negative feedback too. So now I have a negative mark and the mods for some reason don't know how to or wont remove it like they said they would look into... major bummer on that part

12. LogicBomb

LogicBomb Grants Pass Active Member

a agreement on a price is a agreement...$375 is $375....NOT $325...I say use the negitive, thats what its for

13. theduke

theduke NW Member

So a member of our fine Forum expresses an interest in my Rifle/shotgun.
    Fine I agree to meet him in Salem to show him the firearm.
    Kinda outa the way but no-prob,willing to take one for the team and see what He's all about. Show up at his place of business and Wait.
    Dude shows up,looks at gun. Will you take 25 bucks off? Sure I say.
    Will you take a persoal check? Uhhh Will you take a Business check? Hmmm
    Ok he says I'll run to the Bank down the street and get cash. Yea that sounds good. Wait & wait.Get a call. Uh got an emergancy call & my debit cards not working anyway.I'll have to pass. WTF He's 2 blocks away and can't come back to tell me in person while leaving me sitting at his office
    Full well KNOWING I have an Employee on the Clock the entire f'n time.

You got yourself a real WINNER there in SALEM. Congrats

Negative Feedback Don't Bother New Day New Lesson Learned

And NEVER take a CHECK

14. jrlj

jrlj Bend, Or. Member

For sure with the negative FB. Stuff comes up but to try and get a better deal or else is a bunch of bull. You have to have your word especially on here where often we agree to meet in the somewhere maybe an hour or 2 away.

15. LogicBomb

LogicBomb Grants Pass Active Member

but one problem with neg feedback is if you leave it on someone for good reason what do you think is gonna happan to you out of spite? like me with a trade rating of zero if my 1st deal goes south due to the fault of the other person and I hit him with a neg for good reason, he hits me back and im sitting at -1....WHOS GONNA DEAL WITH ME THEN?

16. shockercustoms

shockercustoms Forest Grove, Oregon Member

This is not the 1st time a thread has been started about this. If someone gives you negative feedback because they are a D-bag, PM a mod and it will get resolved. I'd rather have no feed back at all personally, it isn't anyones business on what I buy and sell. If someone wants to know if your a good person to deal with they will ask around.

17. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I Pmed the guy last night and pointed out this thread so he is aware of the situation.

18. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

As this gets bigger it's going to get worse. For the so called sockpuppets, there are a few that are going around here.

You should have given negative feedback. It is not right to make a verbal arrangement then reschedule and then lowball. The good thing is after a while you get to see the path people follow and there routines. It makes it easier to make deals. The good thing is the majority of people here are good, honest people and stick to their word.

19. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

I've bought and sold several items here on NWFA, and 90% have been very smooth. It's the 10% that drive you nuts. People who want to play tag asking 24 questions.......which is fine, I have nothing to hide, but then they want you to hold the item for anywhere between 2 days and three weeks until they get their "check". If you want to buy it, please make sure you actually have the cash, and don't dick around. It makes it easier on everyone.

<rant off>

20. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

I had a guy flake on me several times. When I left him negative feedback he got all huffy and retaliated by leaving me negative feedback. I contacted admin. but nothing became of it.
    A few months back I wanted to leave negative feedback for a guy who commited to buying a gun from me and never showed. I didn't leave him feedback for fear of the same retaliation. What can we do to keep feedback honest?