JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
your 10/22 is loud because your rounds are going supersonic.

almost any ammo is going to be subsonic out of a pistol. but out of a rifle you are going to need special subsonic ammo, like gemtech subsonic specifically made for suppressor use.

your 10/22 is loud because your rounds are going supersonic.

almost any ammo is going to be subsonic out of a pistol. but out of a rifle you are going to need special subsonic ammo, like gemtech subsonic specifically made for suppressor use.

It doesn't really need to be "special" subsonic ammo. CCI standard velocity stays subsonic out of my 10/22 and reliably cycles the action.

It doesn't really need to be "special" subsonic ammo. CCI standard velocity stays subsonic out of my 10/22 and reliably cycles the action.

Speed of sound changes with elevation, temperature, humidity. What may work fine in your gun may really be borderline and become supersonic under different atmospheric conditions. I have an integrally suppressed 10/22, and 2 out of 3 bulk brands of "standard" rounds I shoot become supersonic most of the time, even though my barrel is shorter than a normal 10/22.

Best to get subsonic ammo if you want to be quiet all of the time. There are many bulk subsonic brands out there that are still very cheap.

FWIW, CCI sub-sonic (40gr?) will cycle the action of my 10-22's, but Remington and
Aguilla will not.

Do you have a stiffer bolt spring or not lube your rifle?

My buddy and I have no problem cycling remington subsonics in our rifles.

He has an old AMT Lightning 25/22 (identical to the 10/22 other than that it is 100% stainless/composite including the bolt/action, etc.)

I have the M&P 15-22

Both rifles have zero trouble cycling and ejecting remington 36gr HP subsonics.

We don't use subsonics in our pistols as it is pointless since the barrels are short enough to prevent supersonic speeds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top