JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the past couple of months, I've been looking at buying a 22 revolver. I've handled a couple of Ruger Single Six's, and I've been thoroughly impressed.

I'd also heard various chatter online about the Heritage Rough Rider. I was in Fisherman's in OR City today, and they had one for $210, and I was shocked. Their new Rough Rider has scratches all over the grip and frame. The screws didn't seem the right size to be flush with the grips. The whole thing felt exceptionally cheap. Do you folks have experience on this? Was the unit I saw just a piece of junk or are they all that way?

I'm really thinking I should be saving for a Single Six after my look at the Rough Rider.

Thanks.

The Ruger Single Six is a reasonably priced excellent quality relvolver that is available in stainless. That said, I wanted a true "full size" SAA understudy so I bought a more expensive USFA Plinker. The Heritage revolvers are pretty cheap & feel like it. I would spend a little more a buy a better quality Ruger Single Six or an older Colt .22 New Frontier/Peacemaker.

I'm not sure if you're stuck on a revolver, but if not, you can buy a really decent Ruger Standard semi-auto for $250 if you dicker with a pawn shop.

The difference in quality, shooting experience and later resale (you should never lose a dime on it) will be remarkable.

Every gun I own is quality and mainstream brand and I've never regretted spending the few extra bucks.

Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up saving my pennies, and I just picked up a Ruger Single Six last night and took it to the range. I love it. It's built like a tank and it's gorgeous.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top