JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Colt Peacemaker 75.jpg
My first Colt! So expensive I had to put it on lay-away. I used to run 500 count bricks of Federal 22lr thru it without a problem. Still have it and every once in a while I still shoot it. I agree with others....If you can budget a Colt, go for it.

Uberti makes awesome SAA replicas! I purchased a couple 357's a few months ago. Waiting for my "Wolfe Spring Packs" to tune them up a bit but they aren't bad "out of the box"......fit and finish on par with the big name.

Ever had a rimfire light off when it wasn't supposed to? I haven't. I've fumble fingered and dropped them on concrete and mashed hundreds of them into new shapes while testing feeding issues in my prototype 1911 conversion kit. Don't recall any popping when they shouldn't. NOT firing due to an imperfect firing pin strike or actual absence of priming compound, yes, but not due to casual or even sorta rough handling. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely enough to not be a worry in something like gun belt loops.

Just bought a Heritage yesterday at Coastal. First revolver we have owned. Great shooter and fun. My wife loves the thing. She was running it by herself after showing her how to do it once. Only improvement she wants is a little color on the front sight. The black is a little hard to see. Next is the single 6 stainless she says.:)

Yep, 1st issue Bearcats were made in 1958-1971 and had an aluminum frame. After that, they were steel and called "Super Bearcat" today's model is called "New Bearcat"
I am not a Ruger guy.......some of my buddies were.....but my memory is the early Bearcats had brass frames? They were the least expensive of the Ruger revolvers and undersized.

I am not a Ruger guy.......some of my buddies were.....but my memory is the early Bearcats had brass frames? They were the least expensive of the Ruger revolvers and undersized.

That is correct, they are smaller and lighter than most, which made them very popular with little mitts that loved the have "that same" cowboy gun as daddy's big Colt SSA or folks that didn't want to tote much on their back trail hikes.

Lacking a more knowledgable way to explain... The area at the trigger guard was brass. (see the pic I posted)

How expensive do you want a toss around 22lr revolver to be?:p

Undersized??? You know, I've seen your mitts!!! For me, it was the perfect size for backpacking, but prob not the best size for target or general plinking.

As per usual, it all depends on what one wants it for.

My brother has an old Charter Arms Pathfinder 22LR (3" barrel?), still works great; it's from the late 70's. I have a 6" barrel S&W 617 10 shot . . . it's incredibly accurate . . . but they are not cheap. Probably has around 5000 trouble FREE rounds through it. It's a keeper, that I'll be passing along to one of my children before I move on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top