JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

Looking for some firearms training for my wife and myself. We're both fairly inexperienced in the ways of firearms but trying to step up our knowledge and skills to the point where we can be responsible first time gun owners. Topics would include - safe travel, safe shooting, taking a rifle apart and cleaning/greasing the weapon.

I'm a little lost on finding instructors and educational resources. Google is great for finding people that know the internet. I'd love some help from the NWFA in finding some well qualified educators who we could chose from.

I think I have a preference for a 'private lesson' type arrangement as opposed to being lumped into a firearms safety class. We're happy to travel out of the Portland metro area if we make contact with someone we see eye to eye with - we're often all over the Cascades.

Feel free to list the names and contact information of anyone you know who may offer this type of education, and who would be willing to work 1:1 with us.

Thanks for the help!

Sure wish we were closer...I'd be happy to help.
Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum.
Andy
Thanks for the reply Andy. I just did a little google on where Everson was, thinking maybe we'd make the trip. Boy you really are a long jaunt away.

We're up at Baker skiing every season and we haven't gotten up there yet this year. We've got some time in March coming up so maybe we can squeeze a trip out to Everson in. Lemme chat with le wife and we'll get back to ya if the stars align.

Yep...Everson is indeed a "Bridge to Far" for most forum members....:D
But if y'all ever head up to Baker...a meet up might work out just fine.

In the meantime...we have far more forum members in your neck of the woods to be sure....Hopefully someone closer will chime in here.

.22 LR ammo is kinda pricey and tough to get at many places these days...might be wise to offer to buy ammo for the other member or to use your own supply...Just a thought.
Andy

Check at the local indoor range. I'd guess that some, if not all, have some sort of instruction for the beginners.

BTW.....I was at SafeFire today in Camas, WA. (very close to Vancouver, WA) Wow! What a place.

Aloha, Mark

Hey all,

Looking for some firearms training for my wife and myself. We're both fairly inexperienced in the ways of firearms but trying to step up our knowledge and skills to the point where we can be responsible first time gun owners. Topics would include - safe travel, safe shooting, taking a rifle apart and cleaning/greasing the weapon.

I'm a little lost on finding instructors and educational resources. Google is great for finding people that know the internet. I'd love some help from the NWFA in finding some well qualified educators who we could chose from.

I think I have a preference for a 'private lesson' type arrangement as opposed to being lumped into a firearms safety class. We're happy to travel out of the Portland metro area if we make contact with someone we see eye to eye with - we're often all over the Cascades.

Feel free to list the names and contact information of anyone you know who may offer this type of education, and who would be willing to work 1:1 with us.

Thanks for the help!
PM sent.

Check at the local indoor range. I'd guess that some, if not all, have some sort of instruction for the beginners.

BTW.....I was at SafeFire today in Camas, WA. (very close to Vancouver, WA) Wow! What a place.

Aloha, Mark
Thanks mark, I'll check 'em out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews