JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Sportsmans Warehouse on 82nd in PDX had .22lr as of 9:15 this morning. The mighty Thunderbolts in bricks. There were four stacks of 50rnd boxes also, sorry, don't know what they were. I was in a rush. Go to the customer service area in front.

Can't believe some of these idiots buying up 22lr at ridiculous prices...

just moments ago there was CCI blazers up on gunbot for $0.10/rd ($4.95/50rds) and it sold out in 10 minutes... are you kidding me?!! I bought 2 bricks of 500rds for $0.04/rd of that stuff just a couple months ago... These people buying the cheap bulk pack type ammo at these outrageous prices just baffles me.

On another note...

I did have some fun this weekend with the 15-22.

I tested out CCI standard velocity ammo through it and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it does indeed exit my rifle at subsonic speeds :)

That ammo runs even quieter than my Remington "subsonic" ammo.

It also detonates my reactive targets I got at sportsmans a couple months ago. So I set off a couple of those and probably scared the neighbors a bit. My buddy at the end of my road called me up after the first one and wanted to come down to shoot the second one lol. He heard it loud and clear all the way from his house.

We also shot his 44 magnum that we had recently cleaned up and restored that survived a fire at his dad's place. Bead blasted the gun, polished it up, and replaced the grip on it. looks like a new gun again. didn't look so good after the fire before we cleaned it... And damn that SOB is loud! we got earplugs after the first couple shots lol. Ears were ringing a bit. I'm sure the neighbors appreciated that gun as well...

They are used to me firing my 15-22 and P22 with the suppressor on.

My local Sportco has had .22LR in stock for a few weeks now.
CCI, Blazers, Federals and few Italian brands.

Normal prices, couple bucks for the 50 rd boxes. $8 for the high velocity 100 rd CCI mini mags and Stingers.
No bulk stuff yet but I appreciate the fact they do not jack their prices to screw us all over.

22LR is slowly but surely coming back in stock.

I've noticed the majority of 22LR Gunbroker auctions are ending with zero bids so Joe Blow flipping Wallyworld ammo for a profit is coming to and end.

just to show you how much you overpaid: I bought 3 bricks of 550rds Federal Bulk Pack for $23.97/ea at wally world a little over a month ago.

Came out to just under $80 out the door after tax for 1,650rds. ($0.04/rd before tax, just under $0.05/rd after tax)

My more expensive CCI Standard Velocity ammo I paid $0.08/rd before shipping and $0.10/rd shipped to my door for 500rds in the 100rd plastic boxes.

you paid just under $0.12/rd unless that was before tax....

if it was before tax then you paid just under $0.13/rd (12.79 cents/rd..)

and you have to factor in the fuel it cost you to go fetch those rounds... as I see it: I would have paid the shipping cost in one way or another because if would have cost me at least that much in fuel to go fetch the ammo...

I just won't order online and ship for a quantity of less than 500 rounds because it is not worth it if shipping costs more than the ammo.

Trust me, I won't pay that price ever again. But like I said, I needed to get outfitted for the weekend and I'm leaving tonight after work. In the grand scheme of things, it's $60 bucks for a weekend of good times shooting with buddies due to poor planning on my part, rather than $25.
Plus it was the first 22lr I've seen on a shelf in a long while...

Powder and components are hard to find, but I can still load .38 special for $0.10/ round and .40sw for $0.15/round. .22's are fun, but until I can easily shoot them for at least half of what I am shooting larger stuff for, my 686 and m92 are getting a lot of action.

just to show you how much you overpaid: I bought 3 bricks of 550rds Federal Bulk Pack for $23.97/ea at wally world a little over a month ago.

Surprised they let you have that many. The local wallyworld here, only allows you to buy 1 brick. That's when they have them, which is very rarely. If you're not there when they put them out, you SOL. There are retired guys waiting there everyday to see/buy what comes in,,,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top