Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.22LR anywhere around the Bend area?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by spendolla, Jan 27, 2013.

1. spendolla

spendolla Portland Member

So I've tried, unsuccessfully, for the last few weeks to get some bulk .22LR around the Portland area--saw the hi-cap. mag dash coming, but the .22LR hoarding totally caught me by surprise :confused:. Haven't been at the right place at the right time yet. However, I am heading to Bend next weekend and I'm wondering if it is any easier to get .22LR over there right now. If anyone knows of any stores in or around Bend that have decent bulk packs (Federal, CCI, etc.) at non-ripoff prices I would greatly appreciate a heads up as to where I could purchase some. Thanks for the help all you Central Oregonians!

2. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

Sorry, there isn't any available that I have seen. Everyone is out of 22LR here also. Looks like I'll have to use my 17HMR for sage rats this year.

3. spendolla

spendolla Portland Member

Dang, that's what I was afraid of. Well, thanks for the update, Greenbug. Much appreciated!

4. 10 Spot Terminator

10 Spot Terminator Central Oregon Member

The last time it got like this I asked the sporting goods managers what days and times they got their ammo shipments. Had to be prompt as when they did get some in a couple hours was gone. Am going to Bend tomorrow and will check a couple of places. If I see some odds are will be gone by the weekend when the vast majority is off work seeking the same things as you. Will let you know if and only if I see something.

10 Spot

5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Did you try the Bi-Mart in Woodstock? I went there about fifteen years ago, got my car dinged in the parking lot by an old hipster that tried to run and in the store, they thought I was a baby raper by buying/wanting ammo or somesuch.
    I bet that store has cobwebs on pallet upon pallet of ammo.

6. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

talked to my dad last night, who lives there, and said only .38 and 12 ga. birdshot, and big rifle stuff to be found.

7. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

How could a trip to Big R in Redmond not be on the list? Coastal Farm stores have a discreet display of ammo as well.

8. greedy bastards

greedy bastards Multnomah Village New Member

22lr bricks blazer and federal 40 gr an hour ago at delta park fishermans portland 24.99

9. greedy bastards

greedy bastards Multnomah Village New Member

If you call ahead they will hold some for you same day only