JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Different guns like different ammo. Only sure way to tell what your guns like is to shoot it and see.

I have at least 5 main different types of .22 just because of this. What is great in some, will not even function in others.

I'd say that's all decent stuff with the only exception being the remington golden bullet. I'd say it's crap but I have a 22/45 that loves it so it falls in the decent category as well. The Blazer is pretty consistent stuff but federal bulk is good in my conversion kit also.

I'd say that's all decent stuff with the only exception being the remington golden bullet. I'd say it's crap but I have a 22/45 that loves it so it falls in the decent category as well. The Blazer is pretty consistent stuff but federal bulk is good in my conversion kit also.

I would say the same thing, but I found out this past weekend that my 226 .22 conversion loves it. No other guns I own like the stuff. It surprised me that gun liked'em.

.22 ammo can change from lot to lot. That is how Lapua and Ely grades their stuff. If you buy a brick of target ammunition and it shoots great in your gun then you ought to look for the same lot number. These days of shortages, that might not be so easy anymore. I have known target shooters to buy ammo in 5,000 round cases.

Arent you the guy who blew me off on the ammo I was giving away for free after you said you would take it??
Different ammo.I actually paid $40 abrick for the remington and my sig522 doesnt like it.

I try to GIVE away ammo for three weeks and I get blown off and nobody shows that said they would
Then I try to sell some ammo that I paid $40 a brick that doesnt work very good for me and I get put down and called names. WOW! What gives?

Drag that stuff (u paid premium for)down to rickreall tomorrow. May be able to get what you paid for it. The boy and I are heading out in morning if you want to go. we probably won't stay to long.

Hi Jack,

Like a few previous replies have said, some brands work better in some rifles than others. You just have to go to the range and find out for yourself what works for your particular rifle/pistol. That being said, I have found out through allot of trial and error (mostly error) that generally speaking, the standard velocity or subsonic rounds (Less than 1100fps) tend to be more accurate. This is because the bullet isn't going from super sonic to subsonic as it flies down range. As the high velocity bullet makes this transition in speed, the pressure changes acting on the bullet will cause a slight wobble of the bullet potentially changing its direction ever so slightly.

You may not notice this at 25yds but, at 50yds things begin to happen that you can see on paper. At 100yds the bullet grouping really will show itself.

As in anything else there is a difference in ammo and usually the difference is quality control. There is sporting ammo that does a decent job for plinking and small game, and there is sort of a practice match ammo that is subsonic and quality control is better making the ammo more consistent. Then there is the full on match grade that is very accurate and very expensive (Think Olympics). It really can be a matter of specific manufacturing lots that people will go out of their way for in search of accuracy.

The ammo pictured is fair plinking ammo and in the right machine can be reasonably accurate. With the ammo situation being what it is I would tend to hang on to the stash until you can find a means to replenish what you have.

Just my two cents...

BaronVonEvil

I think the best 22 ammo is a ammo can full, because my 10-22 and bolt action shoots it all.

But does it all group the same?

OP,

Like a lot of other people have said, it all depends on what your gun likes. For me, half the fun is shooting two to three groups of five from each box and see what groups and functions best in my gun.

For me, my custom 10/22 will shoot half inch groups at 100 yards with CCI mini mags, 36 grain HP and functions flawless.

Good luck and have fun!

We shot about 350 rounds of the Blazer in our 22/45 target and my Sig522 without one single problem Friday. Unlike the Remington.Going to an indoor range as soon as we get the bolt action back for our Mossberg 802.We will try some different ammo and see what the results are.Thank you to all the members for the very helpfull info!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top