JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Day1 Review consisted of a newly built Kidd 10/22 Customized platform and a CZ452 Varmint both shot at 50 yards with various ammo trying to determine which brand each likes.
Day1 22LR Accuracy Test: Ultimate Kidd 10/22 Build – CZ452 Varmint | Day At The Range

Day2 Consisted of the Kidd 10/22 Customized platform, CZ452 and this time I brought along a Savage MarkII TR. Each were shot at 100yards with various ammunition from the bench utilizing front and rear sand bag rest.
Day2 22LR Accuracy Test: 100 Yards | Day At The Range

I know it is not the most scientific but I was able to achieve my goal in determining which ammo I need to keep around for each platform. I also had a ton of fun and after the testing shot at some remaining clay birds someone had left around.

Stop over and tell me what you think, leave comments.

Good test data. Personally, I'd have a hard time firing that many shots without eye fatigue.

My Savage (nearly identical to yours) just loves Eley Target. At $50/500, it's a good value. I shoot at the Olympic Training Center here in Colorado Springs, and regularly get 60 shot groups (the length of a match) into 1/2" at 50 meters.

I'm wishing for a 40X at the moment. If I can ever swing that, it will be the end of my other .22 rifles.

I really didn't notice any eye fatigue but I was mentally drained after both days, but after a couple of long stressful weeks and needing an outlet I didn't notice it until way after I left the range.

I am new to playing with 10/22 mods but I had to say they are a blast.

I bought a couple KIDD bolts and misc parts and love them, except for the fact that the bolts don't seem to want to cycle in my factory 10/22 receivers. Not even after generous lubrication. Like they are over-spec'd and jamming up. Will play with them some more and see if there is a solution.

Maybe one of those services that polish your bolt.

I said polishes your bolt.

Nice articles - I've known guys who went so far as to use a micrometer to measure rim thickness and sort each box/brand by rim thickness as they claim to have found this sorting responsible for as much as a 15% increase in accuracy/tighter groups. One guy even weighs each round after sorting by rim thickness - he claims that the extra steps improved his groups by 18%. My personal guess is that as much as 10% of the improvement was due to added confidence in the ammo and a more relaxed state while shooting resulting in being more consistent. (You would have to know the guy and how particular he gets when loading/shooting - I'm sure not measuring/weighing would result in a high anxiety level for him)

I am new to playing with 10/22 mods but I had to say they are a blast.

I bought a couple KIDD bolts and misc parts and love them, except for the fact that the bolts don't seem to want to cycle in my factory 10/22 receivers. Not even after generous lubrication. Like they are over-spec'd and jamming up. Will play with them some more and see if there is a solution.

Maybe one of those services that polish your bolt.

I said polishes your bolt.

Are you still using the factory bolt recoil spring? I saw this exact thing happen with a friend of mines build, he went back and purchased the guide-rod and spring and all problems were resolved.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top