JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
wondering if anyone in the PDX (or surrounding areas) might have maybe five Hornady, 55gr, GMX or Barnes, 55gr, TTSX bullets they would like to sell.
I would like to try them in a bolt gun I am working with and hate to buy/order full boxes just to find out I cant get them to perform.
PM me if your interested.
Thanks,

Great idea, but if you're working up a load, please let me in on how you can determine that with only 5 bullets!

I'm all about saving money and time on load work ups!

DizzyJ,
you are absolutely correct about five bullets being enough to work up a good load.
But, five will usually enough to warrant buying expensive bullets or not.
I have had very good results with a couple powders and a few different 52-55GR SPBT's/HPBT's bullets.
Just not convinced that all rifle/barrel combinations will like the typically longer monolithic style of bullets.

DizzyJ,
you are absolutely correct about five bullets being enough to work up a good load.
But, five will usually enough to warrant buying expensive bullets or not.
I have had very good results with a couple powders and a few different 52-55GR SPBT's/HPBT's bullets.
Just not convinced that all rifle/barrel combinations will like the typically longer monolithic style of bullets.
Understood.

What twist is your barrel?

I have a great load using TAC and 50 gr TTSX, 3230 fps and great accuracy.

IMG_0768.JPG

Disregard if you're set on the 55 gr.

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR