JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm no engineer or ballistics expert, but my concern is the the entire back half of the bullet is a hollow tube. The pressure from the burning powder upon firing will not only push against the base of the bullet to push it forward, but it will also push outward against the substantial inner surface area of that hollow tube, effectively sealing it to the bore in the same way as the brass cartridge case.

I expect that this would result in one of two things: either an over-pressure kaboom, or it would pull the bullet apart, sending the tip down the barrel, and firmly lodging the rear tube in the bore. Good luck getting it out, and if that tube is far enough down the bore that another round could be chambered, then the next round will result in a kaboom.

It would still be very helpful if we could see a picture of the actual bullet in question. 62 gr. sounds like a standard weight. The pictures CLT65 posted show rather long voids in the base. I'd like to see what the OP is dealing with specifically.

I'm no engineer or ballistics expert, but my concern is the the entire back half of the bullet is a hollow tube. The pressure from the burning powder upon firing will not only push against the base of the bullet to push it forward, but it will also push outward against the substantial inner surface area of that hollow tube, effectively sealing it to the bore in the same way as the brass cartridge case.

I expect that this would result in one of two things: either an over-pressure kaboom, or it would pull the bullet apart, sending the tip down the barrel, and firmly lodging the rear tube in the bore. Good luck getting it out, and if that tube is far enough down the bore that another round could be chambered, then the next round will result in a kaboom.
Or it could make it out of the barrel and then come apart. Also it's going to create a larger effective case volume, which invalidates any reloading recipe for that bullet weight. It's all around just a bad idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top