JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All kidding aside I have no idea what this means:
"what they are is the bullet and shirt open hole when tracer powder would be, a unfinnished tracer"

Please try to put together a coherent sentence.

This is one of those threads where a picture probably would equal a 1000 words. :p

ok lets say you have a tracer bullet in your hand and you turn it to look at the tracer material and there is nothing there just a open hole

Ok, so you have projectiles that do not have the tracer compound in place. What do they weigh? Got a scale handy?

-E-

Seeing that I've never had the opportunity to look at or physically hold an empty tracer round, my suggestion would be don't risk ruining your gun, injuring yourself or others or worse. Either fill the holes with an appropriate substance or trade/sell them to someone who can. Just my two cents. Probably only worth a penny.

62 grs but the question is are they safe to shoot with a open skirt

I have projectiles that have open jackets at the base where the lead is exposed. What makes you believe these are "blank" tracer bullets and not just normal bullets?

62 grains sounds to me like a normal 5.56/.223 projectile. A picture would still be best to show us what you have.

-E_

The hole would be much deeper than a half-circle on a tracer. tracer.gif

I know what he's talking about- I have a few around here somewhere too. They are a long tracer bullet, but the bottom third of so is just an empty tube.

Personally I would absolutely NOT load and shoot them. It seems to me that the pressure behind the bullet would be then inside the jacket, pressing the jacket against the bore. It seems like a real recipe for major over-pressure.

I know what he's talking about- I have a few around here somewhere too. They are a long tracer bullet, but the bottom third of so is just an empty tube.

Personally I would absolutely NOT load and shoot them. It seems to me that the pressure behind the bullet would be then inside the jacket, pressing the jacket against the bore. It seems like a real recipe for major over-pressure.
Sounds like good advice.

I'd be more curious if they'd seat at all with a more or less unsupported jacket?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top