Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.223 rifle barrel for Contender

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by gunhobbit, Jan 17, 2010.

1. gunhobbit

gunhobbit The Dry Side of Oregon, near Pendleton Well-Known Member

D.A. Van Horn custom .223 rifle barrel for Contender. This doesn't fit my G2, so I believe it's for the original first generation Contender pistol. Any guidance from the hive as to determining which it goes to will be appreciated.

Includes synthetic fore end. The "top hat" posts are NOT installed, but are included. 24".

$250, shipped. Discreet PayPal +3% okay. Knock 25 bucks off if we can arrange an FTF, but I'm out here by Pendleton.... Also, take off $20 if you don't want the fore end.

It's a bull barrel. Don't know the twist rate - it's not marked. Eyeballing it it looks fairly fast, but....

Drilled and tapped for scope.

2. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

Bull barrel? twist rate?

Thanks

3. sid

sid austin, tx New Member

I am not sure but I think that the G1 and G2 should take the same barrels. Maybe its for an encore?

4. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

If you put a patch on a cleaning rod, mark it and the barrel in some way, then push the rod down the barrel you can figure out the twist rate, just push the rod down until it completes one revolution and measure how far it traveled.

5. gunhobbit

I'm not sure - it fits in the G2 frame, but the G2 won't cock with the barrel closed. Maybe I'm missing something?

6. gunhobbit

:D Might be a Gen 1. Might be that it's a custom barrel and just needs a noodge of fitting to the Contender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.