JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my experiences with the .22WMR...its best when used from a rifle.
Said rifles are at times a bit lighter , and less bulky than many .223 rifles.
Yes , that is broad , general statement ...one can find examples of either rifles that don't fit what I wrote.

Something to consider is that in some places it is illegal to use centerfire rifles for hunting.
A .22WMR can make for a dandy varmint rifle or small game rifle in those areas.
Andy
This is true when it comes to CF rifles in several East Coast and Great Lakes states when it comes to hunting.

(Some of those states have changed their hunting GUN laws since I moved out west too.)

I do not hunt and I did not hunt but I was told this back east.

Some of those states only allowed or still only allow shotgun hunting, some handgun hunting with a 6 inch or LONGER barrel, and RF firearms.

Take care.

Cate

Where would one find subsonic 22wmr ammo?
Best,
Gary
Personally I see no value at all in 22 mag subsonic. You are talking about the same energy as 22lr subsonic so why bother?

5D37DE6B-C174-43D8-BFCF-E5CC801B123E.jpeg
4FE6156C-8E40-4D11-A32C-76DD425D5A54.jpeg

22 mag in a rifle clocks 1900 fps with a 40 grain bullet and only has 160 foot pounds of energy at 100 yards.

In no way does it compare to a 223 that clocks a 55 grain bullet at 3200 fps and 760 foot pounds of energy at 100 yards.

I see the complaint is more price oriented because 223 has far bigger production and use than 22 mag so of course mags are going to be expensive.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top