JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The short version is I decided to try reloading .223REM

As all know, components are difficult to get, and I'm still looking for small rifle magnum primers.

Through a quirk, I ended up with two sets of RCBS .223REM small base dies. One in a black box and the other in a green box. The green is labeled Group A part number11103 and the black box set is labeled group AR and part number 11107.

My questions are what is the difference? Which is better (if there is one) to keep? I am running a single stage and a turret press. I tried the RCBS website but info on the differences seemed sparse or I missed it.

Advice from knowlegable and experienced folks like deadshot welcome.

The short version is I decided to try reloading .223REM

As all know, components are difficult to get, and I'm still looking for small rifle magnum primers.

Through a quirk, I ended up with two sets of RCBS .223REM small base dies. One in a black box and the other in a green box. The green is labeled Group A part number11103 and the black box set is labeled group AR and part number 11107.

My questions are what is the difference? Which is better (if there is one) to keep? I am running a single stage and a turret press. I tried the RCBS website but info on the differences seemed sparse or I missed it.

Advice from knowlegable and experienced folks like deadshot welcome.

RCBS AR Series Small Base 2-Die Set Taper Crimp 223 Remington

RCBS Small Base 2-Die Set 223 Remington

It looks like they are similar in functionality, the 11107 may be newer!? I'd be interested to hear as well.

I have the 11101 set so have no experience with those other two.

Lucky dog... Where did you find the AR seris dies at?????

11101 FL die set
11103 sm base die set
11107 AR SERIES. SM BASE DIE SET WITH TAPER CRIMP DIE

11107 is the best to use for semi guns .... I'm waiting on the same set for our 223 and .308 will ship from midway in 2wks.

Midway. I ordered them just before Christmas as a backorder item, and they showed up with 100 rounds of Fiocchi .223REM ammo (using VMAX bullets) at a SALE price. I had a good week from the Brown truck.

Guess I keep the black box dies.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads