JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm just getting to know my press with dillon carbide sizing die including the sizing ball. I was setting bullet seating depth and tried to test neck tension by pushing the bullet into my workbench. I was able to push the bullet into the case. I was concerned that this would be too little tension because I didn't expect to be able to move the bullet at all. However I compared the force (by feel) to a factory federal round and was able to move that bullet as well. I have around 0.002" interference fit between bullet and casing. Is this okay to use in my ar15 or should I resize the cases without the neck sizing ball? I feel like I shouldn't have to do that. All brass is once fired lake city.

When people say they cant "push it in with their fingers" does that include palm against the bullet? I have heard 35lbs of force should be required. I could try this against a piece of wood an a bathroom scale.

+1 on the lee FCD, frankly it's one of the few products lee really got right.

I actually use a gauge for this, my pressure is 45lbs min, 60lbs max.
-
It's almost if not the perfect Crimp design Die . Also a big fan of the, Lee Collet crimp Die . That Collet squeeze design is the one I love best for Crimp pistol & rifle .

The Die by itself It is So Much Better quality crimp, than using the usual (one does all) Seat & Crimp combo Die . where the Case Mouth just slides up into a floating tapper sleeve on the cam-over when Seating .
When doing large volume of crimping . you can even get a feel for variations of thick & thin Neck wall in Brass when you leaver Cam-over at the end of the stroke .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top