JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We know that generic .223/5.56 ball ammo is easy to find and relatively inexpensive. I know, I know, I'm not addressing the reloaders...

But soon will be sage rat season, and folks will be looking for hollow point ammo. When they find it, it wont be cheap. Again, I'm still not talking about reloading options here...

Wal Mart is now carrying American Eagle Hollow Point ammo, for what I consider to be fairly economical compared to most HP ammo. Bought some today, and it's $24.99 for a box of fifty. And for camparison, that's just under ten-bucks for 20 rounds.

Just a heads up. Nothing more.;)

3429ad41-87cf-48b7-b7c9-5f8720a1e60f_zpswlsgbhxf.jpg

WAYNO.

Glad I bought 2,000rnds of 62gr HP's some years back! Lots left!:)

That's enough for one good Rat Safari.:D

I also have many rounds socked away from previous purchases, but when I saw these for sale, at less than the going rate, I could not help but to sock away a few more.

WAYNO.

Do HP's that small in diameter even really "expand" anyway? o_O

I've shot lots of sage rats. Truly thousands. A solid, or ball, make a nice clean little hole. The squirrel runs away and down his hole. The same .22 ammo, doesn't matter if it's rimfire or centerfire, is like the squirrel swallowed a grenade. They absolutely explode. I'm certainly not a PETA candidate, but even a little squirrel, when I shoot them, I want them immediately dead on impact.

WAYNO.

I exclusively shoot 40 grain HP bullets. Tiny little things.
When they hit the rats they fly through the air surrounded by pink mist!
There was an old site called "mist" something and also Varmint Vapor Vestry (same site) but I can't find it.. it was pretty cool.
For the reloaders, a lot of guys get their varmint bullets as blems, in bulk. and dang it, I can't find that bookmark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top