JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just keeping this section alive lol. It's a good feeling to see your groups get smaller. Post up your groups

25.0g Varget, 69g SMK, who knows how many times fired mixed brass, 2.250 C.O.L.

AR-15 24" 1-8" twist DPMS barrel (nothin special)

5 shot group 100yds .450"

519d01be.jpg

Nice group!

I will share a pic of my first range trip with my new M1A.

.308 (of course) German Milsurp ammo. 100 yards - iron sights.
GunStuff056.jpg

snapping in @ 50 yards
GunStuff057.jpg

I really need to get a scope on this thing!!

I'm shooting out of a DD M4 V3 midlength with 1:7 twist. My first attempt at reloading was with a Sierra 50gr Blitzking. My groups were about 3" @ 50m. But I didn't spend much time on that load because I wanted to play with the heavier bullets.

Here's my results with Hornady 60gr SP's and 22.3gr of AA2230. I'm shooting at 100m now instead of 50m. One group is .431", the other is .5". I'm using the <broken link removed> to keep track of load data and group sizes. I just take a pic of my target with the load data, then measure out the groups with the program, then save it in the appropriate folder. It allows me to throw away all targets and envelopes. I'm still new to reloading, so I'm learning new stuff all the time. What's really made a huge difference in my groups is using ogive to measure length instead of COAL.

Hrdy-60gr-SP-5-L.jpg

a lesson on powder charges for me. this is a on a LH savage long action, converted to 223, with a cheap take off bbl. If you knew how bad I shot, you would be impressed. 5 shots, 100 yards. that's a 3/4" dot.
lhsavage223010.jpg
lhsavage223009.jpg
lhsavage223008.jpg

5.0g Varget????

I noticed that too. My guess is 25 gr which is more common. Good group from a "nothin' special" AR barrel.

Here's my contribution to the "Nice Group" postings:

053.jpg

.202" @ 100 yards.

Rifle is a Remington 700SS 5-R Milspec, .308

Load:
43.5 gr Varget
175gr Nosler Custom Competition BTHP
Lapua Case 2.005" long
BR-2 Primer
2.800 OAL
Light Crimp with Lee FCD

This load, in this rifle, shoots like this all day long, any day. Same load yields <.750" groups at 300 yards on a regular basis if I do my part.
Only change to the rifle from "stock" is a Timney trigger set @2.25#

I'm still working on "me". For some reason, I get 4 shots in a "bug hole" and end up with one that just won't cooperate.

Ruger1V2007-5-2315grBlueDot33grVmax2170100yardstext.jpg

I bought a Ruger #1V 223 used on an on line auction, had it sent to an FFL, in Seattle Waffenfabrik, cleaned out the Copper fouling, went to Issaquah range, where the wind is always blowing, put some 33 gr Vmax moly 15 gr Blue Dot ground squirrel loads in it.

I fired a couple shots and got the scope sighted in at 50 yards.

Then I shot at 100 yards.

This is a pic of the 100 yard target.
Right away, I liked that rifle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR